PDA

View Full Version : FF XI Question

Caliber
December 4th, 2003, 09:33 AM
So my girlfriend really wants to get FF XI. We've been putting it off, mostly because of money problems.

However, the season for giving is coming up, and I'm considering getting it for her.

I'd be happy getting it for her and letting her play by herself, but I KNOW shes going to want me to play too. I read somewhere that FF XI allows you to buy the game ($50) and then purchase an additional account for the game (~$11) and then pay a subscription cost for both accounts and their character (~$13) totalling $61 the first month and $13 every month after.

Is that true? Or would I have to buy two copies of the game, and pay for two subscriptions, bringing the total to $100 the first month and $26 every month after?

Thanks for helping me out guys!

darkpaw
December 4th, 2003, 09:36 AM
You need to buy 2 copies and 2 full accounts.

The extra charge is per character on the same account, your $13.00 gets you one character which isn't too big of a deal because you can change class all you want. What sucks badly is inventory and bank space is badly limited so you need to pay $1 extra a month just for a mule.

Dakya
December 4th, 2003, 09:39 AM
To my knowledge, you'd need two seperate accounts, so $100 for the software and $26 a month.

What's probably got you confused is the "content ID" system. The first Content ID is one character, 12.99. You could get a second character for a dollar, but you wouldn't be able to log on both at the same time from two different computers.

Caliber
December 4th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Curses! I know it sounded too good to be true!

Ah well. Maybe I can go without food for a week? :?

ykkir
December 5th, 2003, 05:10 PM
hmm, starving for a time just to make the gf happy . . . I've done that before, on the plus side though, it did help to get rid of my steriotypical gamers physique