PDA

View Full Version : God of War help

Xunvir
August 31st, 2006, 06:06 AM
mmk, i finally got some money to buy some games
first one i got and decided to play through was God of War, which i have been wanting for a while now, just been waiting on the price to drop hehe
well.. i bought it, sat down for 12 straight hours, and got to the Ares fight (no, the words "social life" have no meaning to me)
on the Ares fight, i have absolutely no trouble defeating him to no health..
i start the minigame where you jam the O button, and i naturally start to win as i did with every other minigame in the game..
well, when i start to win the minigame, as in Ares is leaning back pretty far and i am no where near leaning backwards, Ares "wings" flash a few times and then in less than a second im leaning completely backwards and he throws me off
did this for 30 min straight before i got annoyed and gave up
any way i can get this to work WITHOUT bringing out my codebreaker? GoW seems to be one of those few games i want to play through again without experiencing the cheats the 2nd time thru hehe

Soria
August 31st, 2006, 07:12 AM
Ah.. I had the same problem. Its a bug in the game. Hmmm... You have to set your resolution up...unforunately, I can't find the site that told me what to do.. I think it was the bugs section of Game Spy. Good luck.

Xunvir
August 31st, 2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks, ill figure out how to do that later :)
i actually signed up to these forums to ask that, as none of my other ones really post about other games than EQ..and my friends on EQ just looked at me weird when i told them XD

Xunvir
August 31st, 2006, 06:53 PM
tried finding the bugs section on gamespy but couldnt find it?
also God of War seems to be one of those "cheat resistant" games like Ult. Spiderman .. if using a codebreaker the game wont even start .. was gonna just use the instant boss win thing to skip the thing

Soria
August 31st, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'm sure you;'ll get it, took me like fifty tries.

Xunvir
September 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
technically this doesnt deal w/ god of war but i thought id ask
woke up this morning and worked on Devil May Cry 3..
got off for a bit and tried to start the codebreaker up cause i was bored..
didnt work so i turned it off and went to turn on DMC3, got the "no saved game message" so i checked my memory card..
i have 3 corrupted files.. 2 of which would be DMC3 and 1 which is the codebreaker im guessing..
i got rid of one of em, but the other 2 wont delete (Delete failed message)

and now i cant save anything on DMC3, havent tried any other games yet (afraid they might get corrupted too hehe) but i get "Failure to save game to memory card" or sometin like that when i try to save...

any clue whats going on?

KaiTenSatsuma
September 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
technically this doesnt deal w/ god of war but i thought id ask
woke up this morning and worked on Devil May Cry 3..
got off for a bit and tried to start the codebreaker up cause i was bored..
didnt work so i turned it off and went to turn on DMC3, got the "no saved game message" so i checked my memory card..
i have 3 corrupted files.. 2 of which would be DMC3 and 1 which is the codebreaker im guessing..
i got rid of one of em, but the other 2 wont delete (Delete failed message)

and now i cant save anything on DMC3, havent tried any other games yet (afraid they might get corrupted too hehe) but i get "Failure to save game to memory card" or sometin like that when i try to save...

any clue whats going on?

simple, either your codebreaker or some other game save corrupted your other games, my bet is on codebreaker since it probably had to change your saved game data to get the desired effect.

dont see why you just didnt play the game on easy though, you get to restart a new game mode with all of your weapons if you want to go to normal.

and i never actually had a problem with GOW, i just tapped the crap out of that button i guess, good luck.

i suggest buying a new memorycard and moving all of the game saves that seem fine so far, dont want them ALL screwed.

Xunvir
September 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
actually i was planning on playing thru on easy mode on DMC.. i pulled out the codebreaker cause i wanted to play around w/ the other weapons on lvl 1 XD
wasnt having any real problems with DMC *shrugs*
and i think i figured out my problem w/ GoW anyway..
i suck w/ the O button lol
NONE of my games have ever required me to spam the O key, so naturally im not good w/ it.. i remembered that i had problems w/ the Minotaur minigame which is the same ..
guess itll just take a lil practice.. tho i still dont understand why he was flashing before he threw me off *shrugs*
well, guess i gotta do what i thought and actually get a new memory card *sigh* less games for me

KaiTenSatsuma
September 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM
actually i was planning on playing thru on easy mode on DMC.. i pulled out the codebreaker cause i wanted to play around w/ the other weapons on lvl 1 XD
wasnt having any real problems with DMC *shrugs*
and i think i figured out my problem w/ GoW anyway..
i suck w/ the O button lol
NONE of my games have ever required me to spam the O key, so naturally im not good w/ it.. i remembered that i had problems w/ the Minotaur minigame which is the same ..
guess itll just take a lil practice.. tho i still dont understand why he was flashing before he threw me off *shrugs*
well, guess i gotta do what i thought and actually get a new memory card *sigh* less games for me

meh, i guess i got used to spamming buttons when i played MGS and MGS2.

at least twice you need to beat the crap out of the triangle button to not lose.

i dont even need to change how i hold the controller to do it anymore either =D

Xunvir
September 9th, 2006, 01:01 AM
if only it WAS the triangle button.. if its the triangle or X.. or even a shoulder button.. i can mash the hell out of it lol
O is in an offspot and i never really use it anyway.. sooo..

KaiTenSatsuma
September 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM
if only it WAS the triangle button.. if its the triangle or X.. or even a shoulder button.. i can mash the hell out of it lol
O is in an offspot and i never really use it anyway.. sooo..

so turn the controller so the O button would be at the top where the triangle button would normally be.