PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Games

lakoda
August 31st, 2006, 03:16 PM
So todays comic (http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?cdate=20060831) about Majesco got me thinking...since I didn't know anything about them I checked 'em out and found that they make a lot of the games based on movies.

So, what is everyones favorite game based on a moive. Mine is the Lion King game for the sega gamegear. I had a lot of fun with that game, and it actually challenged me.

--lakoda

Soria
August 31st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Same here.. I usualy stay away from those kinds of games but this was a gift AND fun.

Clareon Wolfeyes
August 31st, 2006, 03:32 PM
The old arcade Terminator FPS game.

Bobthepenguin
August 31st, 2006, 04:06 PM
OMG! Lion king Game! I love that game! I'm the only one in our family who can escape the Wildebeast stampede, and I can't beat the waterfall.

lakoda
August 31st, 2006, 04:19 PM
I beat that waterfall ONCE!

Bobthepenguin
August 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
I have friends who can beat the game, but I never, ever can. I think I made it all the way to the end once, and was so surprised that I died.

Clareon Wolfeyes
August 31st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Oh and Tron, I used to play that a lot...man am I dating myself.

Xenith
September 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
Can't say I've played many movie games but I used to love that old Simpson's arcade game that was out in the early days of the series. It's the one where your weapon depended on which char you picked. (all I recall is Marge had the vacuum and Bart used a skateboard) You could play co-op with up to 4.

What about games that became movies? I used to play Doom then they made a movie about it years later. Or what about Tomb Raider that was a game first?

Clareon Wolfeyes
September 1st, 2006, 09:51 AM
Or what about Bloodrayne...oops...BLARGH!!!!!

KaihnEshin
September 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM
Hehe
What about the gem that was Live Action Mario Bros. I actually liked that movie as a kid but haven't watched it in a very long time... hmmm ~heads over to netflix to change que~

Bobthepenguin
September 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM
Woot! That movie rocked. Got no resources, and a great big stupor, all because of the Evil King Koopa.

Rock on.

Endymion
September 1st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Ooh the lion king game. I've played that so many times, and beaten it several times as well. It's a gem imo. :)

togashi
September 1st, 2006, 10:50 AM
My favorite was Willow, and you couldn't beat the damn thing. The jump you had to make at the last stage was too high for either character to get to.

lakoda
September 1st, 2006, 10:53 AM
There was a game based on Willow, I will have to find out more...

Next you'll tell me there is a princessbride game.

Bobthepenguin
September 1st, 2006, 10:57 AM
THat would be so cool! Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya....Priceless!

lakoda
September 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Anybody want a peanut?

togashi
September 1st, 2006, 12:21 PM
There was a game based on Willow, I will have to find out more...

Yeah, it was a while ago. Was a pretty good game, too. But, yeah, if you go to mame.dk and search for it, it'll give you a file name that you can punch into a search engine and get the rom for it.

Dermiti
September 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM
How about the Original Star wars game where it looked kinda 3D and u had to do the Trench runs...man that was fun :)

Lusitano
September 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM
Can't say I've played many movie games but I used to love that old Simpson's arcade game that was out in the early days of the series. It's the one where your weapon depended on which char you picked. (all I recall is Marge had the vacuum and Bart used a skateboard) You could play co-op with up to 4.

Yeah, I know that game. The name was just that, "The Simpsons", nothing more. A shame that there were only so few moves per character (only a three-hit-combo by mashing the "attack" button and the attack done while jumping...) but few things could be as hilarious as having Marge beat up some thug with her huge hair :D .

Mrfrosty
September 2nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
Who framed Roger Rabbit! My all time favorite game, even though it was for the nintendo. Another one I loved was Dark Wing Duck, based off the cartoon. Man, I can remember the days where my dad would gripe about me playing those games and him gettin me into RPG's to help stimulate my brain at a young age lol