PDA

View Full Version : Nasty stuff inside...weak stomachs beware

togashi
September 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM
First, a little background info: my son loves to eat. When you're feeding him, he'll start kicking his feet and bouncing up and down in his high chair in between bites, and during bites, and when I'm trying aim for his mouth, etc. So tonight while I was feeding him his dessert, he was doing his thing, and I was doing my thing (pulling my hair out trying to time the bites just right), and all of a sudden I feel something wet hit my leg. I leaned back and looked under the tray on his high chair, and saw something horrid. Apparantly, he had diarrhea, and the baby sitter didn't put the diaper on right. It just flowed out the side, and onto the high chair right where he was kicking. Nasty. It got in his socks, it got on his onesie, all over the high chair, on my leg, and we had to figure out a way to get him out of the chair without spreading liquid poopie everywhere. This moment in parenthood brought to you by Diaper Wipes.

Jennivere
September 13th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I haven't had anything quite like that happen yet. Though there was one time Brendan managed to pull his diaper out through the leg of the romper he was wearing, right after leaving a deposit in his diaper of course. :p So naturally, that fell out of the diaper onto the floor. He then proceeded to smash it into the carpet.

During his growth spurts when he eats a lot it gets kind of... mushy. There was one time there was just so much and he was sitting down, it just kind of squished out on either side and got all over his thighs. He's going through one of those growth spurts right now, he's eating so much it's all poopie all the time it seems.

It's funny trading stories with other parents.

Breandan
September 13th, 2006, 07:24 PM
note to self: buy corks and invest in tile flooring... everywhere...

Zutan
September 13th, 2006, 07:33 PM
LOL Beandan sounds like a plan to me.

that and astroturf for the yards :). have it rolled up at the fence when the kids want to play roll it out with padding under it. keep the lawn gravle or cement

Ciarin
September 13th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I bought isabella a vinyl mat for her high chair, so all the food splatter goes on the mat. It's a winnie the pooh mat too, :) It'll work for poopies as well.

Also, this reminds me of one incident that I still chuckle over. I'm sure this'll embarrass Coffee a bit, but oh well. One morining he had the pleasure of changing Isabella's diaper and he brought her back to me dressed and ready to be fed. But after about 10 minutes of her on my lap I felt something warm and wet and I look down and see that she's pee'd on me! I was thinking the diaper can't have leaked THAT much, so I look under her pants and onesie and it seems that she had no diaper on at all. hehe, Coffee's brain was still asleep when he changed her I guess.

Jennivere
September 13th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I want a mat for Brendan's high chair, but he throws his food across the room so it's not much use in the end. Ugh!

togashi
September 14th, 2006, 04:52 AM
There was one time there was just so much and he was sitting down, it just kind of squished out on either side and got all over his thighs.
That exact thing happened to us in the car seat. And you know, we can never tell when mine is having a growth spurt because he eats the same amount all the time. It's like four jars of stage 3 food and a good 20+oz of formula every day. And he'd eat more if we'd let him.

bob the goat
September 14th, 2006, 06:51 AM
I was born, the cord was cut, the doctor handed me to my dad so he and the nurse could bathe me while the doctor tended to my mom. He held me up out at arms length (newborns are not that good smelling). I apparently did not like the lack of affection, so I peed all down the front of his shirt. The nurse laughed and said “well...the plumbing works”. I am amazed that I was such a good judge of character at such a young age

Bobthepenguin
September 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Wait, wait...I've missed a step again. I know Brean and Eithne are together, and Swarfy and Koskun, but Ciarin and Coffee? When did this happen? Why doesn't anybody ever tell me things like this?

Clareon Wolfeyes
September 14th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Because its a secret...shh!

We have a little one who doen't walk yet and she bum sccots along the floor, nothing like seeing a skid mark appear on the carpet behind her because she gave herself a diaper wedgie while scooting.

Insomniac
September 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, thanks a lot guys! I was reading this yesterday, thinking, "Thank God Lily hasn't done anything like that..."
Well, the past couple of days she's had a stomach bug, not being able to keep food down. Last night, she was able to eat some cheerios, and some this morning. When I went to get her out of her high chair......NASTY POO EVERYWHERE! >.< You all JINXED ME!
My poor baby. :( But I think she's feeling better now, and she got to have a bath, which she loves. So she's at least happy, even though she doesn't feel good.

Ciarin
September 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Aww poor Lily, I hope she feels better!

Wait, wait...I've missed a step again. I know Brean and Eithne are together, and Swarfy and Koskun, but Ciarin and Coffee? When did this happen? Why doesn't anybody ever tell me things like this?

Coffee and I were together, but we parted ways a while ago. Nuff said.

Soria
September 14th, 2006, 01:37 PM
:: curls into a ball"" I am never having childern...

Bobthepenguin
September 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM
But, Soria, if you never have kids, who will you pass your half of the world to after we take it over?

Soria
September 14th, 2006, 01:58 PM
My neice of course.

bob the goat
September 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
You can adopt me Soria...I do windows...and cook.

Jennivere
September 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Aww, but having babies is so worth it! Having him has caused me some problems, hypothyroidism and a disc in my spine that is very unhappy... But I look over at my son as he has his finger shoved up his nose while laughing his little booty off at the tv, and how could I want my life to be any other way. :D

Bobthepenguin
September 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Awww....tiny little people.....so cute!

Zakthan
September 15th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Hehehe...I know that feeling exactly Jenni. And it usually hits me about the time my youngest takes his finger out of his nose to do whatever dance the Dooblebops are doing.

togashi
September 18th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Chapter 2:

We bought him a jumper/bouncer thing that makes noises too. He seemed to like it, and so did we, because we didn't have to worry about him crawling all over the place. I put him in there, stepped into the other room for a second, and came back out to find a big pile of poopy right under him, and he was bouncing in it! Turns out the thing you put him in compresses the diaper in such a way that if he were to poop, it would come out one side. So, lesson learned, only put him in that thing after changing a poopy diaper.

Jennivere
September 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Yucky!

Here's one that happens... constantly. :P Brendan just loves grabbing at his dangly bits the second his diaper is open or off. When I have him on the changing table while changing a poopie diaper, he will start trying to grab at his behind too while I am wiping him. It's always a struggle for me to wipe while keeping his hands away and clean! I usually fail because he is so persistant, so I'm always having to wash his poopie hands too!

togashi
September 18th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Andrew does that too. I usually use his feet and legs to block his hands in that situation. Until he starts kicking, anyway.

bob the goat
September 18th, 2006, 02:19 PM
You just need bigger hands. When changing my nephew I hold both wrists and ankles on my left hand and do all the dirty work with my right. If I move fast enough he cant break free. When I was a bad uncle and fed him thanksgiving dinner when he was only 6 months old, there was a bit too much work to do that fast, and he played in it.

Jennivere
September 18th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Big part of my problem right there. I'm a little person! Plus Brendan is now 21 months old and has always been extremely strong, especially in the legs. People always comment on how muscular his legs are. So hands and legs are everywhere. He usually gets one of the two in it. Ew!

Eithne
September 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I worked in child care for close to 10 years and I saw it all. I did have a ew gross moment though. I was working with a group of 2 yr olds and was holding one in my lap. I was holding her because she didn't quite seem like herself. As I was holding her, I felt something warm and wet on my lap , i looked down and there it was warm wet stinky brown kinda sticky diarrhea. It squished out the side of her diaper down the leg of her shorts and on to my leg. I said ew gross , she started crying because she had to be changed. After I changed her, I went home, and changed myself. I 've also dealt with the diaper flingers, the poo players, the little nudists that take off all of their clothes when they go to the potty. All in all I have to say I can't wait to have kids

togashi
September 18th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, Andrew loves naked time too.

Bobthepenguin
September 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Awww. Babies are such cute, nasty little critters

asquithfeare
September 19th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Okay here's mine.

When I was 1 1/2 my grandma thought it would be a good idea to feed me dried papaya (did I spell it right?). My mom was okay with one or two of them being eaten. My grandma feed me the whole batch and then sent me back to my mom. 4 hours later I was standing in a puddle of poo and it was still coming down my leg. All my mom told me that she was thinking is "I'm going to kill your grandma." and "Thank God, for linoleum."

My son, just turned 4 and we were outside playing. He wanted to play outside so badly he didn't tell me he had to go poop. So after about a half hour he comes over and gives me a hug and I smell something. I look down and see a big brown spot on his bottom, of course I think it's dirt and that he might have sat in dog poop. So we go inside and go upstairs to change the stinky pants only to find smashed poop in his underpants. EW!!!

Soria
September 19th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Nasty..

I was told that when I was younger my parents got the warning of ' I hot' before a stripped buck naked. Then they'd run around like crazy trying to get me dressed because I did that alot when they were potty training me.

bob the goat
September 19th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I did the same thing Soria....last weekend.

Bobthepenguin
September 21st, 2006, 03:03 PM
Hahahah Bob.

When I was little, I potty trained myself very quickly. However, when company came over, I would go, and come out with no pants or panties shouting "I went Potty! I went Potty!" my parents were soooo embarassed!