PDA

View Full Version : Another year older another and moving to boot. (9/20)

Woody
September 20th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but the movers are coming to move all the big/heavy stuff today, my 32nd birthday. What the hell kind of slack ass present is that?

Anywho, I figured a move plus a birthday would be enough to convince Iggy not to get mad at me over filling in. But then I realized, in forgiving me he'd probably volunteer to help. And that meant finding someone else to fill in. So, say hello to Charlie, Iggy's oldest son.

So yeah... like... Poopy and junk.

I hope to have my desk back in order for tomorrow's strip; but, there are no garauntees. I apologize is advance if there's no strip Thursday.

netwired
September 20th, 2006, 05:16 AM
grats on the RL ding there woody. awsome present too(sarcasm)

bloodybarker
September 20th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Gratz on the Move matey... and Many Happy returns for ya Birthday!

Heres to many more.... ;o)

Kala
September 20th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Happy birthday, gratz on the house, and yay for actually having movers! :)

brock
September 20th, 2006, 05:46 AM
grats on the good day man... oh and gotta say... fave iggy strip yet.

Lirren
September 20th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Happy Birthday Woody!!

Da_Dude
September 20th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Good luck man. Moving is really the 9th cricle of Hell, but we just don't know it yet.

logicus
September 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Happy birthday Woody, I hope your other presents are better than all the work and stress of moving house.

Dragemis
September 20th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Happy brithday Woddy!
And if you don't get a strip by tomorrow, no one'll blame ya. After all moving is a really good excuse to _not_ do something, right up there with terminal illness. (Halfway sarcasm, wtf?)

bob the goat
September 20th, 2006, 07:26 AM
It could be worse...you could have your 32nd birthday and spend it lugging all that heavy crap into a pickup and moving it yourself.

Bob
(professional silver lining finder)

Zhul
September 20th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Happy birthday! Hope the move goes smoothly!

rcuhljr
September 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM
It's got a family circle esque feel with little charley filling in for dads job :P

Paprika
September 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
32 ! Happy birthday.

Can just about remember back when I was that young....... partying like it was 1999 (which it was). ^_^

Good luck with the move and remember, no matter how hard you try an important box of stuff will always end up at the bottom of a stack at the far end of a room full of identical boxes ;)

sparkhazel
September 20th, 2006, 08:10 AM
happy birthday to you Woody.

As a fellow homeowner, I wish you the best of luck with the new home. Its a rewarding thing, but can be a bit of a headache... since its all on you now if something goes wrong..

KingBuka
September 20th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Hmmm, I think that having movers is a pretty darn good birthday present. I wish I'd have had them for any of my many moves. Of course, it doesn't come close to my birthday present this year...a new baby son.

Congrats on the home.

Katuyah
September 20th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Awe Iggy Jr is soooooooooo cute!
Happy Birthday & enjoy the new house! :)

Bobthepenguin
September 20th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Happy Birthday, Woody!

Charlie is very, very awesome. Enjoy the move!

CaptainRoch
September 20th, 2006, 09:11 AM
You beat me to it, I am hitting 25 in 6 days (26sept), and thus I crown you the King. There can be worse ways to have one's birthday than finally settling into his own house ;)

I am happy for you, and am looking forward to having my own house someday, and what comes 2-3 years after (kids? a dog? step-mother moving in ?!?).

Have fun !

Good Life to you all

Lrbearclaw
September 20th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Happy birthday, Woody. I pray this next year is wonderful for you and Taks. Be blessed.

Zakthan
September 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Happy birthday Woody!!! Glad to know you're older than me(I turn 32 Nov. 9) :) Enjoy the day as best ya can with all the moving!!!

Lusitano
September 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Happy birthday Woody :D !

Neurohacker
September 20th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Happy Birthday Woody!

Smart man, let someone else do the heavy lifting :) Hope the rest of the move is fairly uneventful and everything goes smoothly with the unpacking.

Spektacles
September 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but the movers are coming to move all the big/heavy stuff today, my 32nd birthday. What the hell kind of slack ass present is that?

Anywho, I figured a move plus a birthday would be enough to convince Iggy not to get mad at me over filling in. But then I realized, in forgiving me he'd probably volunteer to help. And that meant finding someone else to fill in. So, say hello to Charlie, Iggy's oldest son.

So yeah... like... Poopy and junk.

I hope to have my desk back in order for tomorrow's strip; but, there are no garauntees. I apologize is advance if there's no strip Thursday.

Hope its a good one man. My 32nd birthday is next wednesday. So i feel your pain heh.

HyfighStereo
September 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Congrats on the move and happy birthday Woody! I hope things go smooth for you.

Zorz Muaddieb
September 20th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Happy birthday bro.

-Z

Ska
September 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Happy b-day Woody.

If you think moving sucks now, try moving over water.

Jaelynn86
September 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Happy Birthday Woody !! and good luck on that moving, i know how much of a pain it can be! :(

Clareon Wolfeyes
September 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Happy B-Day Woody, stick people scare me.

Ophelea
September 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I share a Zodiacal sign with Woody?

Gads. I'm older, too.

See, now I'd HAD a happy birthday....then Woody one-up'd me.

Happy Birthday, Woody! Many happy returns.

Kristin
September 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
grats on the RL ding there woody. awsome present too(sarcasm)

LOL. I never thought of Ding in terms of birthdays. That just struck me as wicked funny.

Happy birthday, Woody and grats on the house. Great comic today. I can't wait to meet Iggy's wife.

lakoda
September 20th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I can't wait to meet Iggy's wife.

I am thinking that you might need forgiveness from his wife more then from Iggy himself...she is prolly mighty steamed to have to watch the kids while he is out working.

Anyways....

Happy Birthday Woody! I hope you enjoy it...and your new home!

Queentatooine
September 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hey its my Birthday today too. I turn 25, and my husband was called into work when he was going to spend the day with me.

Stupid crap on your birthday sucks. Poopy and junk covers it just fine.

Happy Birthday.

~QueenTatooine

mog32kupo
September 20th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Happy Bday buddy

and dont hurt yourself with all the heavy lifting...always a chore ><

lordwolfy
September 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
3xYay for Woody, cuz hizza, yella old fella! And great Congrats to both you and Taks! And ED and wuzz-is-name-again!

Well, enough fleet speech!

Hope all four of you like the new house, Woody! :D

Avariel
September 20th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday Woody! ^_^

Hope the move goes well.

Nanaki
September 20th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Happy Birthday.

Mei
September 20th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ooooh

it's all comming together.....

yes in deed....

Chimera.... the move.... Lack of gamming news! It's adding up!

Ah-Ha!

Chadou
September 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
At least you will remember this birthday.

Many, many more and congratulations on your home.

Vuther
September 20th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Happy Anniversary of your birthdate, Woody!

I needed a bit more... uniquenesss.

dweller07
September 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I hope the move goes well... nothing worse then losing stuff on a move. I hope it's a happy birthday as well. ;)

Ciarin
September 20th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Happy birthday, Woody.

Woody
September 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes folks I appreciate it.

As for the movers, we used them not because of heavy lifting but because over the last year we've acquired real furniture. Some expensive. Some irreplacable. If we moved it ourselves and say... broke something... it's all on us. Pay movers to do it and it's all insured. (We went with a company that insures for replacement value, not cents per pound.)

Clareon Wolfeyes
September 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I love movers, I have sworn off moving myself, it takes all the fun out of a new place.

wiglyworm
September 20th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Who needs a desk to make a strip?! Just do something on the driveway with sidewalk chalk and take a picture or something. :))

Also, happy b-day.

Woody
September 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM
And while I'm drawing on the sidewalk, who will be putting my desk together? Not to mention the rest of my house.

rillarri
September 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Happy birthday Woody, i turn 30 myself in four days and personally i love the Iggy strips and well basically all your strips :)

Coffee
September 20th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Good to see more of the McStickson family. So, yeah. Happy birthday.

Dawn White
September 20th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Happy birthday, and happy moving! :D

(my son, at 15 or so, was fond of using 'poopy' as an expletive.. good call on the teenager's chosen form of expression.)

(come to think of it, my son still says 'poopy', and he's 20 now, gonna be a father. *sigh*)

Woody
September 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Alrighty, so I'm too tired to get a comic done for tomorrow, and my system is very very bare bones at the moment anyway. The house is an utter wreck, boxes, furniture and STUFF everywhere. It's amazing how much we've accumulated in just the last year or so. Tomorrow I begin the arduous task of getting everything back in order. While Taks is at work, I'll be reassembling our offices. When she gets home... it's back to the other house to get some more of our stuff (little bits here and there still). But hopefully with the office square I'll be able to get a new comic up.

I know the Cintiq is around here somewhere.

Tolewyn
September 20th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Happy Birthday Woody. 32 down here's hoping for 60 more to come at least. "May you die in bed past the age of 90, shot by a jealous husband." heh heh

When I was younger my expletive of choice was "Gall darned rassa frackin no good sonofa biscuit eating monkey!" but then I grew up in a different time, lol.

Gonna add poopy to the accepted list of euhamisms.

Grand Puppeteer
September 20th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Just think. You're closer to 64 than you are to your birth. Sad, huh?

Slammy
September 21st, 2006, 12:48 AM
Hey Happy Birthday Woody. Might have to move as well around my 31st Birthday :S

janin
September 21st, 2006, 12:51 AM
Happy Birthday Woody ^_^

Make sure you get to go out and have dinner after the stress of moving stuff :)

outha
September 21st, 2006, 01:44 AM
Happy Birthday Woody and I hope everything went well with the move. Always the fun part to find everything because things never end up where you thought you put them.

Grimgrock
September 21st, 2006, 05:37 AM
Happy Birthday, Woody.

I too turn 32 in a couple weeks. I'll be in Rome on vacation. :)

Silvermaine
September 21st, 2006, 07:39 AM
So, like getting into a new house and being a home owner isn't a nice present?

Silvermaine

Dreeya
September 21st, 2006, 08:04 AM
Hippo birdy two ewes Woody and congrats on the move and new house!

PinkTank
September 21st, 2006, 09:20 AM
Happy Birfday!

Joneser
September 21st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday Woody =)

Tainda
September 21st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Happy Birthday!

I turn 33 in a few weeks. :( After 30 has been a blur which I think is a good thing.

Tigress
September 21st, 2006, 12:43 PM
No comics for a few days? I'm good with that as long as I don't have to help move!
GL with moving, Woody.

logicus
September 22nd, 2006, 03:12 AM
Hope its a good one man. My 32nd birthday is next wednesday. So i feel your pain heh.

It's not that bad, mine was in April.