PDA

View Full Version : Going to Canada!

Erling E.
October 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I thought I travelled a lot in my previous job, but my new job has me travelling even more often than before. Since I started about two months ago I have been to Germany, the UK, Spain and next week I'll be in Canada. I'm going to the X06 event there to represent Funcom and our game Age of Conan. I'm flying out of Norway on tuesday (which is, incidentially, my birthday) and I'm scheduled to go home again on thursday. But! I'm thinking of spending a few extra days there.

So the big question is: Does anyone have any advice on what to do in Toronto? I would, of course, go and see the Niagara Falls, but I'm also thinking about renting a car and heading up to Algonquin National Park. I'm not sure how far it is, so if anyone know please do tell. Is it doable in a day or two? Anyway, if there is someone here who knows a bit about Toronto, please offer your advice on what to do there. I'm picturing Canada to be exactly like Norway just with people talking English and French, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised? All I've seen of Canada before was landing in Montreal for fuel when going to New York once.

Any advice is appreciated. :-)

Joborab
October 12th, 2006, 06:21 PM
It's gonna be cold if this weather keeps up. Bring warm clothes!

Zutan
October 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
yeah pack good clothes and possably winter boots..

its been close to whiteout conditions here tonight in ontario canada.

as for what to do. depends on what you like to do. there is the CN tower, can probably get cheapish tickets to a bluejays home game, uhm. there is the toronto ROM (royal ontario museum) anything else gimmie a message i live close to toronto can probably help some.

Rookie
October 12th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Bluejays are done for the season aren't they? So i wouldn't plan on a ball game.
But have fun Erling! I've never been to Toronto, but it sounds like it'd be fun.

Zutan
October 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
not sure. not really up on sports went to a jays game 2 weeks ago there. most sports i play is paintball.

might be able to catch football, or basketball or possably hockey.

Mori
October 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Baseball is in postseason play now, the Jays are done for the season =X.

Keaolien
October 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM
TORONTO!!!! Erling dude, I live like 2 hrs from Toronto in a town called Lindsay!! We SO should hook up for a coffee and to meet man.

Erling E.
October 14th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Looks like I'll just be flying in on Tuesday and out again on Thursday. So pretty much zero spare time except the afternoon and evening of wednesday.

So Keaolien: If you can come to Toronto on the evening of Wednesday 18th October, then absolutely, I'm down for a coffee. I don't think I should even attempt finding Lindsay, though! :-)

Zutan
October 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM
lol no lindsay is a bit hard to fine and its quite a drive.

Keaolien
October 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM
lol I shall see what I can do to make it down there mate :)

And Zutan, its just over an hour away ya sissy :P hehehehe j/k

Ciarin
October 14th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I was thinking of doing a roadtrip to canada myself...but alas it'll have to wait a while.

Zutan
October 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Keaolien bet you cant find my town lol :)

beeton, easy to find. but no one knows it.

Keaolien
October 15th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I actually think Ive BEEN there Zutan lol. just cant remember for what haha

Zutan
October 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
lol small town not much reason to come here :)

Erling E.
October 20th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Okay, I'm back. Toronto was interesting, but it was just like visiting my own country, really. The only real difference between Norway and Canada must be the language! And why the heck dosen't the Holiday Inn in Toronto downtown have a mini-bar? Geez! :-)

Zutan
October 20th, 2006, 08:12 PM
ive never been to a hotel/motel in canada with a mini bar, wether it be a holiday in, a comfort in, a howard johnson etc lol.

Clareon Wolfeyes
October 23rd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Trust me minibars are a pain in the rear, the hotels had them removed for so many reasons.

Keaolien
October 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Hey Erling, sorry I didnt get ahold of you bro, but it was a BAD week. 7 Midterms, 4 projects, and over-time at work. I slept in my own bed ONCE, other than that I slept in the quiet room at school....:(