4th vs pathfinder Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th vs pathfinder Reviews

I've been an avid gamer for years, played some of second edition before it died and some of 3rd and also spent time playing World of Darkness. I've also played many and MMO and when I started looking up info on 4th edition to see if I wanted i, it felt like I was trying to research my talent pints for WOW. The whole of what I've read all reads like a MMO manual and not like a DnD rule set. Now Woody has been doing DnD comics about fourth and I intend to go back and read the threads o them as I find them, but would anyone mind giving me their thoughts on it in comparison to say Pathfinder, which is just a cleaned up 3th/3.5/3.7/3.yourface edition. Pathfinder is clearly the DnD I'm familiar with though the need to decorate yourself like a christmas tree to fight at the high levels and the need to tweak the ever loving hell out of most characters was annoying even if they do openly admit the classes aren't meant to be balanced. Really I'd love opinions of those that have played several systems to give me thier two cents ranting or otherwise about class balance, race balance, diversity, customization and overall immersion.
    WoW: I quit
    X-Box Live and Play Station Network: Zantari EXE and Zantari-exe
    League of Legends: Zantari

Personally, I would check out the playtest for 5th Edition D&D or "D&D Next" as it is sometimes called. I am enjoying it more than anything I have experienced since the old days playing 1st and 2nd edition AD&D. I have played both 4E and Pathfinder extensively, and think both are fine games... however neither is the system for me. That being said, if I did have to choose between the two, I would go with Pathfinder. You really should check out D&D Next though... that they are doing with it is amazing and fun in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X