Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's not out yet, but I wanted the privledge of starting this thread..

I'm going to see it opening night, and will have my personal review posted as soon as I get the chance..

I will say this.. I'm beyond excited. In high school, our mascot was the Spartans, and having 'school spirit', I did some research on them. And with a graphic novel-ish look to this movie loosely based on the Spartans, I'm totally jacked about this film.

I'm looking forward to you're alls previews as well..
    Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
    Formo - Human Paladin
    Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
    Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

I am also looking forward to it. I stopped watching all previews in anticipation of my Friday night experience!
    -Whytewulf
    "Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit lim"

Comment

BF and I are both looking forward to this. Here's hoping it's on one of the 4 screens at the 1 theater here in town on opening night
      "Dance like it hurts, Love like you need money, Work only when people are watching." ~Scott Adams

Comment

God's how I cannot wait for this!! I read Frank Miller's graphic novel, and the man is a genious. This movie is going to be amazing. I may even cry. Seriously, a tear or two might pop out.
        I'm going to stab you.....with bullets.

Comment

There was a trialer out, and the sound effects made me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1uEQS8fZMbw here's the trailer from the Cinemax exclusive

The movie still looks beautiful, but the sounds effects...oh why must it sound like someone made them with their mouth

Comment

Y'know, really, the sound effects didnt sound that bad. Swords hitting swords sounded close, same with shields. The dying was pretty good sounding. I think what you mean was the strange roar that you keep hearing. That would be the "slow motion" battle roar thingy from other movies, like Gladiator (during the Germania scene at the start)....just my thoughts though Doesn't make me right hehe

Comment

If your interested in the history of this event, the History Channel has a 2 hour documentary that is very informative.

Comment

Aye, I watched the documentary, it was pretty cool...got me all hyped for the movie (it helped the trailer played every commercial break). I can't wait to see this - and finally something worth seeing on an IMAX.

Comment

Yeah, I watched the History channel show last night, it was really good. Gonna try and catch it this weekend. My fiance is comming here this weekend. I told her that we should go see it. She asked what it was about. I said "The spartains and swordfights and stuff." She told me to wake her when I got back.
                  Sometimes I do an impression of myself. I can dress like myself, even act like myself sometimes.

Comment

No I'm referring to the blood splatter sound. It just sounds so...so I dunno cartoony. Everything else sounded good though. I'm gonna try and catch it this weekend, but it probably won't happen.

Comment

Saw it opening night. Smeckscellent movie. Just smeckscellent.

There were a lot of glaring innaccuracies though, but those are forgivable for entertainment's sake.

Comment

If you don't know the history of the battle, it is a GREAT movie. If you do know the history it is a good movie.

If I had not just watched the thing on the history channel it would have gotten a 9/10, but I have to give it a 7/10. DEFINATLY a movie to go see at a theater.

I LOVED the persian king. Very well done.
                        Sometimes I do an impression of myself. I can dress like myself, even act like myself sometimes.

Comment

There were a few things that bothered me, but for the most part it was good. It was what you would expect from a movie about the Battle of Thermopylae, inaccuracies aside.

Honestly, while there were inaccuracies the movie was actually more accurate than I expected it would be. Usually movies based on books and/or historical events aren't even close.
                          Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I thought it was amazing.

I must have missed the part where it said it was a documentary, because I know that if it doesnt claim to be one who cares about inaccuracies. It was a loose translation anyway. Some people are just too uptight
                            Crunchy Bits

Comment

saw this lastnight. I loved every minute of it. very well done to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X