Ian heart surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian heart surgery

So he went through Open Heart Surgery this past Friday. He is having a hard time with recovery. He was not a typical recovery patient at all. The doctors have finally realized they need to go at his pace. I am glad that they wanted him to be typical, but he had other plans and kept everyone on their toes with lots of scares over the last four days.

He is still hooked up to everything he was hooked up to after surgery. One of the docs told me that he has enough sedatives and paralytic going through his system to put a large adult on the floor and he is still wiggling.

They had to scoop out heart muscle, remove his pulmonary artery valve, patch a large hole in between his ventricles, they left the hole in between his atrium as a kind of pressure relief valve. His right ventricle is having a hard time figuring out that is doesn't need to work so hard.

He is getting to where they want him to be, but it is going much, much slower than they expected.

So that is my update for now, more to come at a later date.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/
    "When you are courting a nice girl an hour feels like a second. When you sit on a hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Good to hear he is doing okay, even if slowly.
    WoW - US - Ravencrest - Horde
    Selene - 85 DK | Jalnar - 85 Pally | Pirotase - 85 Hunter | Fierybabe - 85 Mage | Xune - 85 Rogue

Comment

sending happy thoughts and good healing vibes you're way. I can only imagine this being really hard you your family.
      Xbox Live Gamertag: drgnmstr44
      PSN tag: drgnmstr44

Comment

Many hugs and lots of love to you and your family my dear.

Comment

Good to hear that at least he is recovering.

Do you know if Ian will need any further surgery yet?

Comment

Awh :[ He is so little! I am going to go to the Navy Exchange on base today and buy the smallest dixie cup cover(white sailor hat) I can find and try to mail it to you if that is alright.

Comment

Got his breathing tube out, so wonderful to hear the cry and not just see it. He wants a bottle and he's been telling everyone. He wants to be held, can't do that yet. Soon, little man, soon.

ElectronicsTech3 go for it! I was in the Navy a million years ago and my first son had a little flight jacket.

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts, well wishes and prayers. He's getting there slowly, but he's getting there. He's my little "Ian Smash".

Not sure about further surgeries yet. Most likely yes, but not until he is older to replace the heart valve they removed. It all depends on how he and his heart recovers.
              "When you are courting a nice girl an hour feels like a second. When you sit on a hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Definitely will send prayers for you and your little guy. Stay strong!
                Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
                Formo - Human Paladin
                Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
                Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

Finally got to hold him today! Hooray. He's doing better. Not sure when they are going to let him start eating on his own. Right now he is being tube fed. He is still having congestion problems, which I hear is normal. He cries every time he coughs. I can't imagine what that must feel like.

He is a tough little man.

Comment

I can't imagine how hard it was to not be able to hold him! You're are both so strong!

Comment

Poor baby! I'm glad he is healing, though. How is big sister doing with a few years between her and that same surgery?
                      Awesome book! http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Journey...3713690&sr=8-1

Comment

Oh no, it was not the same surgery. Nadia's was a walk in the park on a nice day compared to Ian's. Ian's was more like a walk in the park, during a hurricane, while being chased by zombies.

Nadia is doing great. She still has two small issues, but as long as they don't progress she can be a gymnast if she wants to.

Ian on the other hand will have to be stress tested for any activity deemed strenuous. He is doing much better now. He is eating his full bottle now and pooing regularly (he wasn't pooing at all because of the meds he was on) It took Ian two weeks to be well enough to go home, but he made it and it's been two weeks since then. I can't believe he had surgery a month ago! Where does the time go? Pretty soon he will be graduating college!!! I can't believe my oldest is getting ready to turn 13!!!

Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and well wishes. They were needed and greatly appreciated.

Comment

You still need to get me the information so I can buy the dixie cup and send it to you!

Comment

Working...
                          X