• Show
Clear All

• Humpty Dumpty Walked down the Street

Humpty Dumpty walked down the street
    Humpty Dumpty tripped on her own feet
    She fell on her belly, and went to the doc
    Who put her on bedrest.
    Now, where are my socks?

Seriously, though? I totally biffed it outside the Pep Boys. Tripped and fell, skinned my knees and elbows. Got my hands up in time to save my face, but landed hard on my 16-weeks of pregnant belly. My doctor didn't call back for an hour, and my stomach muscles were hurting, so we went to the ER. They gave me an ultrasound. Baby is fine, but had its feet tucked up between its legs, so we still can't tell if it's a he or a she. Then they gave me Lortab. ? I can't have Ibuprofen, but here's some Lortab? Seriously? Oh well. They told me to rest at home for two days. Thank God my sissy is here to run errands for me, because it hurts to move.

Send good thoughts my way. If I'm this clumsy before I'm even showing, what will I be when I'm nine months and look like I've swallowed a balloon?
    Awesome book! http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Journey...3713690&sr=8-1

Ouch,

Glad to hear the baby is okay.
    WoW - US - Ravencrest - Horde
    Selene - 85 DK | Jalnar - 85 Pally | Pirotase - 85 Hunter | Fierybabe - 85 Mage | Xune - 85 Rogue

Comment

Ooohhh no!!! Before you mentioned the baby, I didn't even THINK of that! I'm happy the lil' person is ok.. but you need to get better, too.. M'kay?
      Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
      Formo - Human Paladin
      Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
      Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

make sure you schedule a follow-up with your OB ASAP, k?

Comment

A heavily pregant lady falling on her belly on a hard surface would make me cringe and I do not cringe easy!

Good to hear that al is well apart of the pain of cause.

Comment

That makes me cringe just as I would if I watched a fight scene where a guy was kicked in the crotch. Ouch. I'm glad to hear the Baby is ok and I think it was definitely the right thing to go to the ER and be looked at by someone. I'll also agree with Brean, make sure you get to your OB for a follow up soon.

Side note, the little rhyme at the beginning was cute.
            Xbox Live Gamertag: drgnmstr44
            PSN tag: drgnmstr44

Comment

Placenta brain is a real side effect from being pregnant. My wife attests to this and speaks often of it with her pregnant friends who relate to this oddity.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with placenta brain... this is when a pregnant mother transfers too much of her brain power to the placenta to aid the fetus in development.

P.S. - There really is no such thing as "placenta brain." But it is something my wife and her friends discuss as though it were real. I get a good laugh at it. I call them Pregasaurs, too. Then I get hit... but that's normally pretty funny, too.
              - Zoloph
              What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Comment

Thanks all for the kind wishes. I was sore for a day, but I'm ok now. Called my OB the next day, and the soonest they would see me is the 22nd. I already have an appointment for the 7th. If they don't think it's that critical, then we are ok. I'm barely showing yet, and the ultrasound people said all was well. Hooray! But now I definitely get a wheelchair at DisneyWorld next week. And get in the short line for all the rides. Yeah, baby. I'm milking that for all it's worth
                Awesome book! http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Journey...3713690&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthepenguin View Post
                  Thanks all for the kind wishes. I was sore for a day, but I'm ok now. Called my OB the next day, and the soonest they would see me is the 22nd. I already have an appointment for the 7th. If they don't think it's that critical, then we are ok. I'm barely showing yet, and the ultrasound people said all was well. Hooray! But now I definitely get a wheelchair at DisneyWorld next week. And get in the short line for all the rides. Yeah, baby. I'm milking that for all it's worth
                  Take advantage of it while you can. lol
                  WoW - US - Ravencrest - Horde
                  Selene - 85 DK | Jalnar - 85 Pally | Pirotase - 85 Hunter | Fierybabe - 85 Mage | Xune - 85 Rogue

Comment

Working...
                  X