How does this sound for a name...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this sound for a name...

I've recently been contemplating a name for my Elf Druid, and I was wondering what you thought of Magia Potente it's directly translated from Portuguese to mean 'Powerful Magic'. So please, tell me what ya' think ^_^!

cool name.
    TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

It's nice. You may have some difficulty finding a server without someone named that already though. EQ doesn't allow multiple people with the same name.
      Brandoch - 31 Dwarven Hunter - Whisperwind
      Varaha - 14 Human Priest - Whisperwind
      Keiran - 13 Night Elf Warrior - Whisperwind

Comment

Yeah, I sorta figured that, lol. So I have been thinking up some back up names, just in case.

Comment

I go here for some back up names too.
          Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
          Formo - Human Paladin
          Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
          Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

Thanks Tenolein, I'll keep this site in mind ^_^

Comment

It's fun to have names that mean something. ^^;

Although my main name has no real root, my surname was carefully devised.. It's more of a stylized play on words if anything else, though.

I've also made characters (though not in EQ) with names of Japanese origin.

Comment

Awesome. If I could find a Japanese translator, I'd probably use that, lol.

Comment

Itzena's first name is pure name generator...albeit about the 50th button-press of it so I got a vaguely short and spellable one. Her surname (Alhazared) is as close as the /surname command could get me to Al'Hazred (In the Cthulu Mythos, the insane writer of the Necronomicon).

A lot of my characters tend to have similar types of name - generated forename and surname stolen from somewhere. Except my bazaar mule, of course, who had both her first and surname stolen from The Greatest Anime Ever.
                  Itzena Alhazared, Ronin revenant of Vallon Zek^w^w Zek^w Tarew Marr^w^w Drinal!
                  \"If it cannot hatch from it\'s shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don\'t break the world\'s shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world\'s shell, for the Revolution of the World.\"

Comment

Itzena, you can get the ` symbol in your name, but you have to make a special /petition for it. I was able to name my beastlord Kutais And`Furball that way, crediting my adorable tiger pet with his own name.

I'm not sure if they can do the ' symbol, but they might be able to...

Comment

i would say though

It's the ` key, not the '

(top left keyboard. the lowercase ~, as opposed to the apostraphe)

I've petitioned about 3 of my 5 surnames. Only a GM or a senior guide can do it, as I understand, so it usually takes me a few days. You just have to manage to be online enough to be present when a GM takes time out to do surnames.

Good Luck!

(they can also change them for you later at any time)
                      \"That bug should only affect certain classes when their exp is at a certain point and the moon is full and you\'re wearing orange socks.\" -- Absor

Comment

Heh, yeah, Fuzzy, I caught myself and did an instant edit, but you caught it before it took effect.

Comment

Are you sure you have to be online? I /petitioned, logged off, and the next day when I logged on I had my surname. They may have caught me right before I logged off.. there are always GMs on Luclin when I need them, they're just anonymous.
                          i'm riding on a blind unicorn
                          creative blog | personal blog

Comment

I was online myself... It was one of those all-day playing sessions. I petitioned about 8 in the morning and got an answer at midnight, just before logging off.

Comment

You do have to be on line- at least according to hte GM I spoke with . Ahnah's surname is from a gaelic translator *cringe* it was as close as I could get . Its supposed to mean "the Shunned"
                              If anyone out there speaks gaelic..... let me know! =)
                              ~ Ahana na`Seun ~
                              \"Twitch for me baby!\"
                              Teir\'Dal Necromancer
                              Tunare

Comment

Working...
                              X