Unusually Stupid Americans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusually Stupid Americans

Well I was browsing around Barnes and Noble tonight and came across this book. Basically its about some of the dumbest things you have ever heard. It just makes you shake your head sometimes. Great bathroom/coffee table type book IMO

Here are a few examples:

Student Sues School over A+ grade - Student X worked for his mom's law firm as a paralegal as part of a job shadowing program. She gave her son an A+ but the school would only accept an A as the highest grade. Natrually the mother and child sued the school over the A instead of the A+... They also claimed $25,000 in personal damages

Worst Ad Campaign Ever - From Pacific Airlines - "Hey There! You with the sweat on your palms. Its about time an airline faced up to something. Most people are Scared sitless of flying. Deep down inside, every time that big plane lifts off that runway, you wonder if this is it, right? You want to know something fella? So does the pilot.

Dennis Kozlowski, CEO, Tyco - Here is a list of a few of the things he used company money to buy for his personal office:
    pincushon - $445
    wasterpaper basket - $2900
    umbrella stand - $15,000
    Perhaps the largets account of corporate abuse was a 3.1 billion dollar loan for John Rigas, CEO, Adelphia in which he bought the Buffalo Sabers hockey team, spent $13Million on a personal golf course, and almost $1Million dollars in country club fees.

The money section is truely remarkable. Makes you realize that Enron was but the tip of the iceburg.

A funny, interesting, and highly disturbing read. Defintaly worth the $10 bucks
    When it comes to you versus the world, bet on the world.

Hahaha great book Mordican . That ad sucked.

Comment

Saw one today about a person that lives in the same state as me. he is suing the cable company for making his wife fat his kids lazy and one other thing that I can't remember
      Venerable Binaman TheWinterWolf
      64 Shaman of Mith Marr
      http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=371460

Comment

He will probably win too cause americans are idiots. No offence guys, im a pure american mutt also but some are just fat and stupid.

Comment

amen to that
          64 Shaman of Mith Marr

Comment

And its not the cable companies fault, who works and pays for the cable, i bet its the Father and 20 bucks says he is fat too.

Comment

He claimed that he told the company to end his cable service and they got it for 4 mroe years... and that is where the problem started... ohh yea he is suing for either 5k buck or 3 computers and unlimted high speed interent
              64 Shaman of Mith Marr

Comment

HAHAHA, so he is trying to make his couch potatoe kids into computer nerds? What a drastic change!

Comment

That is what I thought to lol
                  64 Shaman of Mith Marr

Comment

some are just fat and stupid.
                    Uhh, I'm trying to understand from your comments how being fat has anything to do with being stupid.

20 bucks says he is fat too
                    I'm also trying to figure out how saying the father is fat has anything to do with it?

I'm fat. Does that make me stupid? Does that mean I'm automatically going to let my kids be lazy and sit in front of the TV all day?

Comment

Gotta love blanket statements.

Comment

*sits in bed and wraps himself in the blanket*

Mmm ignorance. I hate how people take advantage of a system that is supposed to bring justice. Sueing should be to get even with who wronged you not to make more cash.

Comment

Maybe the cable company puts subliminal messages in it's programs to make people watch tv all day and not go outside and exercise.

meh...

I don't think he meant fat = stupid, cause then he'd just be redundant. He probably meant fat as in "too lazy to do any exercise". If the guy were suing because his wife got fat and his kids got lazy, it'd seem he would be fat as well.

People who are overweight because of medical or biological reasons are, of course, and exemption to the rule, so to speak. I, myself, am overweight because I'm too lazy to go to the gym.
                          TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

Same here, not to much anymore but there was a time I was simply huge likke 120 pounds overweight now I am down to about 40 over cursed dieting
                            64 Shaman of Mith Marr

Comment

Well heres the thing. Obviously the guy knew that the cable was still being piped in. Did he clip the cable line going into hiw house? No... Did he get rid of the cable box? No... Did he get rid of the TV? No... Did he tell his wife and kids they couldn't watch TV anymore? No... Did he encourage his family to eat right and not be lazy? No...

Basically its another case of a person not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions, or as it seems recently... Inaction.

Unfortunatly Americans are adopting an "Its not my fault, its someone else's fault" attitude. Lack of common sense and self control is a growing problem in our society. To often people use the term addiction as a scapegoat for their problems.
                              When it comes to you versus the world, bet on the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X