Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He probably MEANT something else. (2/21)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He probably MEANT something else. (2/21)

In an interview with MTV, BioWare CEO, Ray Muzyka, described the story in his company's upcoming XBox 360 exclusive sci-fi action RPG, Mass Effect, as being like "Jack Bauer in Space", referring to Kiefer Sutherland's role in the hit Fox series 24 and the "complex moral choices" he has to make to effectively do his job. Apparently tough choices will need to be made to save the universe.
    Source: 1Up.Com [ more info ]

I got Mr. Muzyka's point, but it didn't stop the image of Kiefer Sutherland floating in the vast expanses of space, choking, eyes bulging, his gun spinning useless beside him, from popping into my head.

I guess the way he could have avoided the imagery, if he cared, Ray could have said Mass Effect is like "24 in space" we would have gotten the idea and then all I would only see the the numbers 2 and 4 floating in space talking about something trivial... like politics.

When I saw that comic my mind added the sound Arnold made in Total Recall. Unfortunately noone told my mind you can't make sounds in space.
    EQ: Geflen Deeppockets (66) Halfling Rogue [Erollisi Marr]
    EQ 2: Wellyn Deeppockets (82) Halfling Swashbuckler [Oasis]
    CoV: Dark Alter (50) MA/Regen Stalker [Virtue]
    WoW: Khori (73) Night Elf Hunter [The Scryers]

Comment

I realize there is the whole issue of a vacuum, but there seems to be a 'Damnit!!' missing from this picture....maybe he could be thinking it as he suffocates?

Awesome comic...of course....I'm a '24' fanatic, so I'm biased.

XBL Gamertag - DarkXan

Comment

So there will be stereotypical terrorists everywhere you go, killing everyone randomly?

Fun!

Comment

In space no-one can hear you "glahkk"
          Fata tractabilia mutationi

Comment

LOL! Twisted minds of the world unite!
            I'd like to welcome Aedan Robert Gargrave to the world!
            Born April 17th at 4:10 am...7 lbs, 5 oz, & 20.5" long at birth!

Comment

LOL... That's just silly :P

Gift.
              There's nothing kills the fun in an MMO so quick as your friends leaving it...

Comment

Originally posted by Twyll Oathtaker
                When I saw that comic my mind added the sound Arnold made in Total Recall. Unfortunately noone told my mind you can't make sounds in space.

Nobody told the production team of Total Recall, either.
                We need new inventions
                That reveal people\'s true intentions
                A portable pride protector
                An affordable lie detector

Comment

Hehe... Very good, maybe I'll look into this game...

Comment

Perhaps if you set up a perimeter around the space, it would be easier to breathe. Then you could have Chloe refresh some sockets. That should make things much better.

Comment

"24"? dont you mean "23"? everything is connected to "23" unless it's 42. but then isn't 24 just a refection of 42?

Nice comic woody it had me snickering.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonodil
                        So there will be stereotypical terrorists everywhere you go, killing everyone randomly?

Fun!
                        lol. Not much people to kill in space...except maybe aliens. Maybe we'll get to shoot terrorist aliens! XD
                        "If we can just [B][I]dodge[/I][/B] the ground, we'll be fine" Fighter - 8-bit Theater

Comment

i bet the numbers "24" would float around until they read "42". by the way there is a monkey here to see you about a hamlet script he's working on.
                          Air Commandos...The Quiet Professionals

Comment

Hang on, arnt these the guys who made Kotor (knights of the old republic)? if so then there RPG making skills are of the highest standard. I love those games and am still playing them over to this day.

Long live Bioware
                            |------->Falling For Falling Off Cliffs<-------|

Comment

Bioware did KotOR 1, NWN 1, Jade Empire, and are currently working on Dragon Age, Mass Effect(an XBox 360 exclusive much to my sadness as it sounds awesome), and an unnamed MMORPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X