Lessons un-Learned (3/27)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons un-Learned (3/27)

The Sigil Staff have been work hard to fix all the bugs in Vanguard. It seem like there's a patch every time I log on. But there is one issue that makes me slap my head and ask "how did they miss that"?

After so many years of having to buy stuff in everquest one at a time, the fact that we have to repair one item at a time is not lost on me (or about 15 people in general chat each day).

I guess this could be another way to make Vanguard have that "old school MMOG" feel. I mean frustration breeds a sense of nostalgia, right?

[Thanks Malkavian for sending in the joke idea.]

One piece at a time? Heh, now I wonder if one could make a onesie suit of armor? :P
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Comment

Funny and I love that it hearkens back to the Honey Mead strips of way, way back.
      Gimpy warrior in EQ and WOW

Comment

LOL, I still remember (and love) the 2-3 EQ Comics you made back in the day when they finally made it so you could first sell stacks and then buy stacks... Or was it the other way around?

Then again, even EQII (untouched by Sigil folk) didn't have a Repair All button until a few months in; and it is still being tweeked. (Think it's finally in a 'final' state now though). Seems like the "All" option is one Developers in general don't think of/don't get to until later on in the process, sometimes even after release.

*Edit* Found the comics. The first one when they made it so you could sell a stack but can't buy a stack, and the follow up when you could buy and sell stacks.
        Saroc <Heroes>, Cleric of Brell, Luclin server, Everquest
        Anoki <Tranquil Waters>, Troubadour Provisioner, Najena server, EQII

Comment

Haha! Wow, total EQ flashbacks. I played Vanguard in the Beta, but my computer has undergone a few downgrades (as my old parts were hit by a power surge) so I am not able to get the release version of Vanguard.

:-(

Comment

instant Flashbacks to the Honey Meads!! haha

Comment

Saroc

You missed Honey Mead III, which is probably the funniest of the bunch.
              Gimpy warrior in EQ and WOW

Comment

It's probably to wring more copper out of you at the beginning of the game, since it's almost-certainly fractional coppers for each piece, rounded up, and thus if they added the fractions, it would still be like 1cp for your whole set.

But maybe I just too easily think the worst.

Comment

Yup, definite Honey Mead flashbacks!

I've always wondered about games that have some tedious repetetive function that don't also include a "do all at once" option.

^-.-^
                  Now Playing: CoX : Virtue : @Andara Bledin
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry
                  Reality is very disappointing. - Jonathan Switcher, Mannequin

Comment

And that's why the Comic's title is "The New Honey Mead", the girl is dark skinned, wearing fuschia robes, and the merchant has a grey beard.

Comment

Originally posted by YuriPup
                      Saroc

You missed Honey Mead III, which is probably the funniest of the bunch.
                      Hehe actually I'd missed the first one not the third. Honey Mead I

Think that's all of them.

And if I'd been more awake I'd probably have noticed the title of the Vanguard comic and the link.
                      Saroc <Heroes>, Cleric of Brell, Luclin server, Everquest
                      Anoki <Tranquil Waters>, Troubadour Provisioner, Najena server, EQII

Comment

Well, you know the minute they do put in a "repair all" button, people will raise hell. "OMG I wasnt paying attention and I spent al lof my money by hitting that button that says repair all!!!

But at least that will be a temporary issue. I do think they need to improve the page system, to allow you to sort and select the type of gear to repair... ie adventuring, crating and so on...

Comment

OMG i love that instant flashback to Honey mead comics

Comment

Originally posted by Woody
                            And that's why the Comic's title is "The New Honey Mead", the girl is dark skinned, wearing fuschia robes, and the merchant has a grey beard.

Not to be a complete dork..... but just where do you see the 'titles' to each commic at?
                            "The only time you ever realy win, is when you lose."

"Breaking the speedlimit, being naughty. Breaking the speedlimit in reverse, even naughtier."

Comment

Go to the Archives. Underneath the calendar, there is information about the comic, including subject, title, and a link to the comic discussion.

Comment

Working...
                              X