Burned Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned Woods

Some few remnants of the grognard EQ community may remember the old "Burned Woods" gag.

Apparently it's alive and roaming the halls of SOE-San Diego as their April Fool's Day patch message reads in part:

*** Zones ***

- Fixed the door that leads into Sverag, Stronghold of Rage.
    - Burned Woods has been moved. We'll leave it up to you to find out where it went.
    - Halflings have been kicked out of Rivervale. Their new home is in Runnyeye... yeah, that's where it is.
    I'll leave it to someone else to describe their 'new character model.' I guess here it would be called 'poopy' hehehe.

Any one have a link to that old story? Some of my guildies in EQ2 dont get it when us old timers talk about the Burned Woods.

Comment

Well, I don't know about the old Fools Day patch notes, but I did find this gem of a story.

I suspect that the Burned Woods thing may be immortalized on the Station's forums, but they are down for maintenance until 11 am, PDT.

^-.-^
      Now Playing: CoX : Virtue : @Andara Bledin
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry
      Reality is very disappointing. - Jonathan Switcher, Mannequin

Comment

Blimey how that reminds me of good old times on EQ!
        Love that story
        Paranoid optimist who thinks everyone is out to get him a present.

Comment

The fun part is, this isn't a website gag, I grabbed this off of the EQ Patcher:

EDIT: I found the full Patch notes here : http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ga...ate=mostrecent

Naladini the Wanderer
          of Stormhammer

Comment

hahah, that brought a good chuckle
            The only thing I ever really loved, was Hate!

Comment

A view of the patch in patcher: http://www.stormhammer.org/images/na.../EQPatcher.jpg

And a larger image, one of the character select screen. Yes, those models are carried into the gameworld as well.

The official writeup: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ne...le.vm?id=50397

Happy 4/1, its nice to see the live team having some fun.

Naladini the Wanderer
              of Stormhammer

Comment

EQ1 actually changed the in game models? That is AWESOME!
                PSN ID - Kikaro

Comment

Bwahaha!

Those new models are so... so.... streamlined!

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin
                    Well, I don't know about the old Fools Day patch notes, but I did find this gem of a story.

I suspect that the Burned Woods thing may be immortalized on the Station's forums, but they are down for maintenance until 11 am, PDT.

^-.-^
                    Oh, man. That's priceless!
                    To err is human, to forgive is divine.

My home on the web

Comment

Wow, thats awesome.. those models are cool.

Comment

They changed the EQ2 models as well, everyone has a balloon head.
                        Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
                        Antoine de Saint-Exupery
                        French writer (1900 - 1944)

Comment

Meanwhile, WoW's 4/1 "joke/not-a-joke" seems to be backfiring a bit.

http://www.brokentoys.org/2007/04/01...s-made-of-tin/

Naladini the Wanderer
                          of Stormhammer

Comment

EQLive released a 'patch' for the forums as well with this update message ( http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=109539 ).

Board rankings were similarly updated (to various school grades.
                            Saroc <Heroes>, Cleric of Brell, Luclin server, Everquest
                            Anoki <Tranquil Waters>, Troubadour Provisioner, Najena server, EQII

Comment

Um... they put "laboratory" in the zones section, and I strongly suspect they meant "lavatory." Who ever heard of camping stalls in a lab?

And someone who commented on SoW being nerfed due to "no running in the halls" is under the impression that all schools are indoors. Nearly every school I ever attended was open air. Probably because it doesn't snow here.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X