Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new window for Combat Abilities (12/3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new window for Combat Abilities (12/3)

I got word that the new combat abilities for melee characters was up on test. So, I went to go check it out, naturally.

In reading the news that pops up after you patch, I saw that our new combat system is tucked into yet another new window. Hell, I can barely see what's in front of me these days there's so much garbage on my screen.

I mean, I dig the new targetting system MAINLY because it doesn't pop us a new screen. Surely there is a better way. **sighs**

After I ranted to myself for a bit about in game windows being the bane of quality game play, I logged into the game and made my way to the north east corner of West Commonlands, where the news release indicated I could acquire some of these new "tomes" we learn our new abilities from.

The folks in serverwide.gucomics warned me that they were bugged and were causing crashes. So I thought I was going in prepared.

Well, I got there and right clicked the merchant to buy some tomes, right clicked and blam... desktop.

I decided then that I'd wait a bit longer before I tried again.

I mean... first the new window and then the crash to desktop... I had better things to do.

::ROFL:: ^_^ good one... as allways

I will not be loggin into the Test Server to try that out, any time soon.. i hate crashes MORE than other people... but that's just coz it takes an Halfhour for me to be completley logged in..
    Llandra Icefyre RETIRED My LiveJournal

Comment

Soon they'll have a window to tell you what windows you have open. It's been quite awhile since i played EQ and i remember there were several windows cluttering the screen then. I hate to think it's gotten worse.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-Unknown
      When life hands you lemons make lemonade.-Unknown
      I\'m about sick and @#$%ing tired of lemonade.-Grimlok

Comment

They.. they do have a window that tells you what windows you have open.
        i'm riding on a blind unicorn
        creative blog | personal blog

Comment

really... wow can you even still see whats going on around you?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-Unknown

Comment

I'm glad I only have a few windows to worry about.

chat window, my stat window, and my quickbar.

If I'm in a group, I have a mini-group window. If I have my pet I have my pet stats window.
            TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

Hee, a Ted comic I kind of felt the same way when they did that re-activate-closed-accounts thing about a week ago, and I logged on to see what had changed. Clicky-close, clicky-close, clicky-close..

Gosh, how many years has it been, and I can't figure out the trick to making the game gamma resolution lighter even though my monitor brightness and the in-game gamma are both cranked all the way up? Lol..

Comment

I have my resolution rather large (1280x1024) and if I open my inventory, there goes the world, I hope no one trains me.

I have.. spells, hot keys, chat, battle chat, group, buffs, songs, my status, target window, that window that lists your abilities and macros and stuff, MP3 player, the window that tells you what windows you have up, and every so often a pet window.

On a semi-related (in annoyance level) note.. Lead GMs are now effectively spamming system-wide messages telling me to buy Lords of EverQuest. It's aggrivating.
                i'm riding on a blind unicorn
                creative blog | personal blog

Comment

Sounds like it's a good thing i didn't do the reactivate thing. I would of had to reinstall everything anyway. Sounds like i would need a bigger monitor too just to be able to see what i was fighting.

Comment

I dont really have anything to compare EQ to, as far as mmorpg but I never really had a problem after the first time I organized my screen.
                    Ezrum lvl 52 Pathfinder-torvonnilous
                    Ilssahnin lvl 51 Illisionist -torvonnilous

Comment

I have everything crammed around the edges of my screen, but at the end of the day I still see a lot more than I did back in the days of the old GUI (the one whos only remaining legacy is in the options and login screens).

I think I'd just add the window where I have my pet window, I don't care what my bitten victim's health bar is

Comment

It was a window to the desktop, which also is Windows. Get the link? It's a conspiracy!
                        To err is human, to forgive is divine.

My home on the web

Comment

Why the heck couldn't they have the abilities work in the spell bar? Little icons for each ability, greying out when they've been used and still not active, the whole thing.

(Nope, not going to log into Test to find out. Uninstalled EQ last year 'cause I can only afford one MMORPG subscription at a time and it isn't EQ right now.)
                          -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
                          Nothing matters and what if it did?

Comment

See, that would be too easy.. they need a Pop up Window that Pops up whenever a Pop up Window Pops up, an infinate paradox to boggle the minds of the lesser civilized in the game, coupled with the Spell Effects the newbies will be too dazed with "Oooh purdy lights" to hog the Planes with their incapable selves!

Rant yes.. overboard yes..

Bleh, but seriouslly I think the Warrior change is bloody awesome (bout time) but as stated they could have used the Spell Book/Spell Gems and SOOO simplify things. now Raid Warriors will be rubbing Coffee into their eyes so they can make sure they arn't missing any Openings and loose Taunt.

Comment

/nods at Jishia

I would have thought they would use the spell gems thing as well with a separate 'spell book' or somesuch to 'memorize' said new abilities.

I guess that makes too much sense, eh?
                              "We've got a date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster." The Shoveler

Comment

Working...
                              X