This space for Rent! (12/5)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This space for Rent! (12/5)

I got an email earlier today that outlined the joke you see in the 12/5 strip. It's one of the only times a reader submitted joke has been posted almost owrd for word. That's how funny I thought the idea was. Hell, I even ignored the fact that he said he'd already posted it elsewhere. I couldn't resist that jab.

And the reason I couldn't?

Because SOE's whoring of Lords of Everquest nauseates me.

Players pay their hard earned money to play a game; it should damn well be free of advertising. That splash screen that pops up before you can finishing logging in... should be illegal. If they want to put their advertisements in front of you, they should either allow you to opt out, or, more accurately, you should be receiving SOMETHING for it's placement.

This isn't television, you've already paid for your right to play the game. You've already paid for the software. Just because they own the game doesn't give them the right to pollute your login AND your ingame chat screen with their pimping of other products.

What's next? An "Ad Window" in the UI. Pshhh, I regret having even said that, for fear that it'll be seen as "a good idea".

I think now is the time we use one of the features they porive us in game and /feedback railing against such practices. We simply can't allow them to subject us to this kind of thing.

*EDIT : Yeah, I do a /feedback EVERY time I see a Systemwide spam, I also do a /petition Can you please tell me how to block the ad spam that keeps popping up? I see a systemwide message and I think it must be a zone going down or something, so I scroll back up in battle, and it's just an ad! I pay to play this game, not watch commercials.

Have yet to get a response from a pet, LOL.
    You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss that same imaginary place.

Comment

can't see it.....

I keep refreshing but it's still the old comic.....
      TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

prolly hasnt uploaded it yet..

Comment

Good Job Woody!

Those messages are annoying me too... i was buffin in PoK today, and in the middle of it that stupid PLAY LORDS OF EQ message popped up >_<

Ciarin: click on view previous comic, then click on the link to todays comic, and you'll see it
          Llandra Icefyre RETIRED My LiveJournal

Comment

good one. and i like the Vah Shir, nice details.
            Shadowdragoon Lvl 53 Vah Shir Beastlord on Antonius Bayle.
            Shadowdragoon lvl 30 Redmage on Valeforge.
            If Stone Golems are made of Stone, Muddites of mud, and Granite Gargoyles of Granite, what\'s that say about the Wood Elf?

Comment

I don't play EQ anymore but I agree that advertising in a game you pay a monthly fee to play is wrong. Just like it's wrong that the show frigging commercials in theaters now. Movie previews i understand but commercials? I just hope this trend doesn't keep growing or before long they'll start pausing your game every so often to show you a commercial for the new games instead of just spamming you with messages.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-Unknown
              When life hands you lemons make lemonade.-Unknown
              I\'m about sick and @#$%ing tired of lemonade.-Grimlok

Comment

I wonder why I can't see it....

you guys can see it right?

Comment

I saw it sorta the same way Gnomish described but i went to archives then clicked dec 5 2003. showed up fine.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-Unknown
                  When life hands you lemons make lemonade.-Unknown
                  I\'m about sick and @#$%ing tired of lemonade.-Grimlok

Comment

ha! I see it!

cool.

Comment

Indeed.. it's not on the front page yet. To view it, you can click here...

And let it be said that all that has been said thus far in this topic is absolutely true. Advertisements suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tadashya
                        prolly hasnt uploaded it yet..
                        No, it's up there.

Woody Edit: You know better than to directly link GU images, or ANY images for that matter. It's even part of the Easy Ways. If other people can't see it yet, they simply need to be patient and wait.

Easy Way 4. If a link will work, posting an image is not acceptable. That includes, but is certainly not limited to GU images.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Woody.

41 Bloodelf Paladin (active)Cuteyhoney

Comment

ROLFMAO

Perfect :->
                            \"Magic is impressive, but now Minsk leads...

SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!\"

Comment

I'm not usually one to gripe loudly about SOE or EQ in general, but:

/feedback I didn't want to buy LOE the first time that window popped up while logging in. I didn't want to buy it after the 10th, when you switched the "buy" button with the "no thanks" button to try to trick me into clicking it by accident. I STILL don't want to buy it after being spammed with GM broadcasts several times a day. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. This spam is only serving to aggrivate players.

Comment

Working...
                              X