Politics (6/28)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woody View Post
    My apologies for this being so late. Internet connection died on mewhile I was typing the writeup. I apologize for any typos as well; all of this text was entered via my Kindle Fire (and the keyboard SUCKS).
    Although your audience can get antsy waiting for the next dose of funny, I think we all understand some things are just beyond your control.

As for the Kindle keyboard, you give the Nexus 7 a look yet? Can't wait to ditch my iPad and get my grubby little paws on that little beast!

Comment

I'm just shocked. Ted eating a salad?

Not sure why I'm shocked. I just see Ted as eating nothing but microwaveabel food, and snacks. Maybe he's worried about his weight? Cosplayers of his calibur often do.

Comment

I canít help it... I usually donít pay attention to these details but I see you usually include this kind of details intentionally: Ted is eating a salad?? And there is meat in the plate next to him so it's not him being forced... he willingly eats a salad?

I never would have figured him to be a healthy eater. Always imagined him to be the kind of guy that would it Cheetos with Gravy for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Traab View Post
          Politics and religion, I TRIED to think of a third topic that could cause an equal level of problems on any message board forum, but im coming up blank, because most of the other tricky topics tend to drift into those two anyways. Definitely a good call to keep both off of here.
          Heh, I see you've never stumbled into one of WoW's PvP discussions, or discussions about PUGs (Pick-Up Groups). The amount of bile found in those can rival that of nearly any political discussion.

Comment

I don't know in what circumstances religious debate could relate to gaming, but I'm excited for the comic

Comment

Originally posted by togashi View Post
              Looking at everyone's Fwang, it appears that there are only a couple of people on here that remember the grand experiment that was the Politics forum on this board. Didn't end well.
              Oh I remember Togashi...

There were lots of other spirited conversations outside of politics as well.

And there were many posters that had some pretty passionate viewpoints; which didn't always follow the "play nice" rules established at GU Forums.

So Woody had to plug the plug. End of story (and end of the Politics Forum).

Comment

Originally posted by waylund View Post
                I don't know in what circumstances religious debate could relate to gaming, but I'm excited for the comic
                Dante's Inferno had Catholics in an uproar. That's about it.
                Never rush a miracle worker. You get rotten miracles.

Comment

Hey Woody, hope you arent near those wildfires in CO. You and your family be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by togashi
                    Dante's Inferno had Catholics in an uproar. That's about it.
                    I'm surprised that Catholics are not in an uproar about more games actually. I was going to list specific games (Diablo, BloodRayne, Devil May Cry, ect...) but then the list got longer than the content of my message.
                    all typos are intentional
                    Sarriss Songtail level 90 Troubadour of Oasis (EQ2)
                    Daelen Forginglight level ?? of Test (EQ1, retired)

Comment

Yes, I intentionally put a salad on Ted's plate while Vessy is eating a steak. Wasn't trying to send any kind of message though. I just thought it was a more interesting dynamic than what people would expect him to be eating.

---

Outside of politics and religion, the only other topic I've seen get truly out of hand consistently is discussing pirating.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                        That's Vessy. She's been in the comic as his love interest before.
                        Unless my memory fails me though, it's the first time we've seen him "with" her in any other place than a closet or some other circumstance that forced her to be in his presence.
                        Livistos, Undead Priest
                        Guild Leader of HILYMI since 2006
                        Explorer 80.00%, Socializer 66.66%, Achiever 33.33%, Killer 20.00%

Comment

Ignoring their Joker/Harley Quinn comics, you mean?

Comment

There's always "Who's Beer Is Best" for a good flamewar.

Or "Who makes the best BBQ/what is true BBQ"

The Cheesesteak Wars are too (NJ/PA) local to get much going.

Comment

Heh, lore, I HAD forgotten about WoW pvp balance wars. Going back a bit further, DAOC was also a ton of fun for 50 page long battles over "the flavor of the week" as the devs would constantly nerf one previously awesome class in a horribly painful way, while buffing some other class obscenely. I still remember back when my cabalist got buffed so much his sapphire pet was able to solo an equal level armsman. But basically, virtually any game, but most especially, any game with direct pvp interaction, will have the most unbelievable forum arguments.

But none shall EVER surpass the infamous Everquest monk nerf time period. It got so bad the monk message board needed an entire separate forum just for talk about it, and im pretty sure it surpassed the other forums in sheer size rather quickly. Everything from 50 page long posts parsing out exactly how terrible the damage mitigation change was, to 5 THOUSAND page rants screaming at the devs for not reversing it RIGHT NOW!!!!11!!ONE!

Comment

I have very strong political opinions, and I am not afraid to share them. I fully support the Stormcloaks and their ideology of a free and independent Skyrim, but I despise Ulfric as a throne-seeking powermongering assofjack. I guess my political views wouldn't be so skewed had it not been for the illegal and unjustified incarceration by the empire- for what was, essentially, glorified jaywalking/trespassing- followed by the summary attempt at an execution without due process, trial, or even a last freakin' mead before lopping off my head! I vote my political views with my coin purse- as I do not frequent Imperial-supporting establishments- and with my bow, as I put arrows in the organs of any Imperial soldiers and couriers I see in alphabetical order. I discuss my political disagreements with a thu'um and a hail of ebony arrows! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X