Taking Offense (4/20)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Offense (4/20)

With all that jabbering Lyris does, it's easy to just kind of yawn your way through it all and move on without really processing what she said. But when she offends a bunch of frogs just because they're hanging out in a box... that's just going too far.

I'll admit, I've never heard this particular expression before. And maybe I'm eccentric, but a box of frogs just doesn't sound that crazy to me. It's certainly colorful. But, really? What'd the frogs ever do to Lyris to deserve her critique of their sanity... whilst in a group... in a box?

Maybe Tamreilic frogs are especially prone to avoiding boxes or something. Or maybe Cadwell/Eric Idle is just exactly that amount of crazy.

Comment

"One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves."
      I love his little song.

(By the way, it's John Cleese, not Eric Idle. Close, but wrong Pythoneer.)
      Mystwind - 100 Blood Elf Monk, Doomhammer
      Aeryanna - 91 Blood Elf Death Knight, Doomhammer
      Kweezi - 77 Goblin Hunter, Doomhammer
      Catila - 55 Gnome Rogue (EQ Test) (Retired)

Comment

I believe the saying is relatively common in the U.K., but virtually unheard in the U.S., which would explain it being unfamiliar. And really, it's not that much different from "Crazy as a sack full of cats," the implication being that neither group would be calm about it . As for Lyris, she seems like the type who might have tried putting a bunch of frogs in a box when she was a child....
        The Discordant Dreams of Electric Sheep - Short Stories, Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Reviews, and General Ramblings

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd only heard it as "ugly as a box of frogs". But whatever.
          <3 Caldwell

Comment

Originally posted by Catila Amano View Post
            I love his little song. "One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves."
            The version I am familiar with is "One bright night in the middle of the day. Two dead boys got up to play, back to back they faced each other, drew out swords and shot one another. The deaf policeman heard this noise and he came and shot those two dead boys. If you don't believe this lie is true? Ask the blind man he saw it too.
            PROTECT ME CONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valdius View Post
              I believe the saying is relatively common in the U.K., but virtually unheard in the U.S., which would explain it being unfamiliar. And really, it's not that much different from "Crazy as a sack full of cats," the implication being that neither group would be calm about it . As for Lyris, she seems like the type who might have tried putting a bunch of frogs in a box when she was a child....

That's how I take it. Put a bunch of frogs in a box, close the lid and give the box a good shake. I bet some crazy chit be goin' on in the box then. =]
              "A Great Man: When he makes a mistake, he realizes it. Having realized it, he admits it. Having admitted it, he corrects it. He considers those who point out his faults as his most benevolent teachers." Lao Tzu (kinda)

Comment

Working...
              X