He's Family (5/18)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's Family (5/18)

You guys might remember a few months ago, I commented on the abundance of DXRacer chairs I was seeing on YouTube and in Twitch Streams. [more info] Well, the folks at DXRacer found the comic, were amused by it, and decided to send me one. Now, whether I draw the chair into the comic is up to me. I was just asked that if I didn't like it to blow it up in the comic. I agreed to that because it's hilarious.

I've been drawing my chairs into the comics, as they actually appear, for as long as I've been doing GU. So, the chances of "Mister Bob" making it into the comic again is likely. I just wanted you guys to know it wasn't a requirement put on me by DXRacer.

About the chair...
    It's a Classic Series OH/CE120. It's not a computer chair so much as it's a high-backed throne. John, the marketing director at DXRacer, worked with me to find one that best met my height and weight needs while also allowing for my habit of sitting on my foot while I work. It needs to be broken in a bit before I can talk about its comfort. But, I've already made use of the 120 recline feature to take a nap in it, if that tells you anything. I was kind of hoping for white, but I mentioned liking the brown early in the process and confused the issue. Kind of hard to complain about it regardless. Guess my plans for a Stormtrooper themed desk will have to wait... unless one of you clever Cosplayers has some neat idea for how to turn the brown parts white.

I'd been wondering about those chairs for a while, but a lot of everything is hype nowadays. I'd be really interested in hearing your opinions on it after you've had it for a while.

Comment

And I will be sure to do so. I prefer to spend about a month with a product before I review it. Same will probably hold true here.

Comment

i thought you were doing a post about Korosensei

Comment

No idea what that is... /askgoogle

Oh I see the confusion now. Originally he had white gloves and a red balloon. But, I haven't seen white gloves in forever. They're all blue or purple these days. So I changed that. Then the red tie distracted from the red balloon; so, I changed it to yellow.

I could make a few more changes and see if anyone else catches what you saw tucker.

Comment

First off it's great you are getting free stuff, your comics bring a lot of laughs to people which is great. Secondly I was looking into buying one but didn't know if they where worth the price so look forward to your review as I trust you will give an honest one. Maybe based on what you say it's my next chair!

Comment

I'll definitely be interested in what you have to say in a month. I spend so much time at my desk that I'm forever buying high-end chairs when I destroy the previous one. I've not been happy with even executive office chairs in the last few years, and have been seriously considering a DXRacer chair myself. An unbiased review would be nice ^_^.
              The Discordant Dreams of Electric Sheep - Short Stories, Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Reviews, and General Ramblings

Comment

Without a full review, but a few days in, I can already tell you it's the best office chair I've ever owned. Getting used to a high backed chair has been a bit of a challenge. But, the only REAL problem I've had with it is having to be aware of the chair material. That is to say, leather and Pirate's Booty aren't friends. I found fingerprints on the leather without having realized I even touched my chair.

I also recommend talking to a sales rep or customer service person. Height, weight, and usage habits might influence which chair style is best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                  Without a full review, but a few days in, I can already tell you it's the best office chair I've ever owned. Getting used to a high backed chair has been a bit of a challenge. But, the only REAL problem I've had with it is having to be aware of the chair material. That is to say, leather and Pirate's Booty aren't friends. I found fingerprints on the leather without having realized I even touched my chair.

I also recommend talking to a sales rep or customer service person. Height, weight, and usage habits might influence which chair style is best for you.
                  Thank for the info, I was given permission to get a new chair and was wondering if those lived up to the hype.
                  all typos are intentional
                  Sarriss Songtail level 90 Troubadour of Oasis (EQ2)
                  Daelen Forginglight level ?? of Test (EQ1, retired)

Comment

Back in my raiding days those would have been nice. Now I think its a good thing my Walmart chair forces me out after an hour

Comment

Now this is how paying in "exposure" is supposed to work
                      Businesses need to take note.

Comment

Working...
                      X