Transfer (11/29)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer (11/29)

I'm not even sure where I read the news that Ditto had made its way into the game. But, wherever it was also mentioned that it would never show up as nearby. That you would catch a regular pokemon and it would change into Ditto after you caught it. Sure enough, a day or so later, I was pidgey stacking and my first pidgey of the day turned into a Ditto. But, like the comic, it was only decent. So I said "Well, shit", and transferred it. Gonna need that candy eventually right?

Okay, seriously, I didn't transfer my Ditto. I may be Valor, but I'm enough of a pokehoarder that I'll keep it until I have and "Amazing" one. THEN I'll transfer it for candy.

Another good reason not to transfer it: way Ditto works is that it transforms into the first Pokemon it sees in a gym battle and scales its own CP up to match, with limits. Event a decent Ditto is awesome.

Comment

My wife caught one probably right after they were released in game, but I haven't. Most days, I cannot even get the game to run on my phone.

Eric the Grey
      Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

Anaxim, the Silph Road says Ditto becomes the CP of the copied Pokémon using its own level and IVs. So having an "Amazing" is still preferable. That being said, I rarely do gym battles as I don't have many nearby, and rarely have the time to futz with one when I do get within range.

Comment

I haven't kept up with the PoGo updates. Is there any incentive to return? I found myself dumping about $40 a month on incubators and realized there was no real reward for catching gyms, so I had to force myself to quit.

Comment

It's a simple distraction. I don't know that THAT qualifies as an incentive to return. They did, at least, correct the "bug" that made Pokemon harder to catch.

I will say this, the first catch and first pokestop of the day bonus is a nice little bonus for turning on the game each day. You're supposed to get more if you have a 7 day streak. I haven't managed that yet.

Comment

FINALLY!

I finally understand how other people feel when I start spouting off about D&D this and D&D that....y'know, when they get that vacant look like you're speaking a foreign language? Yeah, that's the look I'm wearing right now =)

Comment

In my defense, GU has always been like that. Since I first started, I've been of the mind that if a person reads a comic or writeup and feels lost, they'll either ask questions or go google it. Admittedly, I could be better about actually linking to related info.

Comment

Has anyone caught a *second* Ditto? I can play at work, since the airport has a ton of 'stops and a few gyms, and caught a Ditto fairly fast...but, since then, even after decimating the pokemon wandering the area, I've never found a second.

I do try and keep the gyms in B concourse claimed for Valor, when I have that much time
                  Poofe Farsteppe 'n Evandril Dracorum,
                  Champions of Chaos,
                  Defenders of Dragonkind

Comment

does the game tell you if something has good stats now? last time i played we were guessing about hidden stat levels. all it told me was that arc gauge, so i tried to keep the ones that were close to max on the gauge
                    Last edited by Ingeloak; December 3rd, 2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingeloak View Post
                      does the game tell you if something has good stats now? last time i played we were guessing about hidden stat levels. all it told me was that arc gauge, so i tried to keep the ones that were close to max on the gauge
                      The arc gage just represents the creatures level and how close it is to max level. As you level it's max level increases as does it's max CP. The gage has nothing to do with a creatures individual values... (IV's)

there is now an in game "appraisal" that gives you a guesstament of the creatures values, other then that you can easily use any 3rd party IV calc and know the exact values.

Comment

I caught a second Ditto this morning. This time I DID transfer it.

Comment

Second ditto finally caught...and my first one got Solyen'd
                          Poofe Farsteppe 'n Evandril Dracorum,
                          Champions of Chaos,
                          Defenders of Dragonkind

Comment

Working...
                          X