Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have met the enemy

And his name is stupid!

We now know that one of the Ebayers on our server got nailed!

he showed up on one of his other accounts (up untill now we thought he as two diferent people) and started spouting off in Shadowhaven, so we natrualy reported him, aparently someone started talking to him when a GM showed up and let him rant, bascialy he said that he was going to sue Sony for the money he spend on the account and his lost income when his name was abruptly changed to Imsobanned. the GM then /ooced thanks for leting us know what other accounts you have, waited for him to poof then the /gm said that was refreshing! then he gated out.

Sounds good.

Comment

lol what server was this
      E..Q? What is that? You mean there are games besides CoH? Blasphemy.

Comment

Nameless, it happend a bit ago, I had to let the guild know,

Comment

Now that was fun.

I love heroic justice being dealt against the (evil) eBayers.

If he does sue, it will be thrown out before it touches the courtroom... the EULA (which he clearly agreed to if he played the game) gave Sony the right to do what they did... and it just proved the guy's stupidity to not realise he was 'marked' and try to preserve his other accounts by laying low.

Comment

*grin* That's beautiful. Justice in motion, and with a sense of humor, no less!
            Brandoch - 31 Dwarven Hunter - Whisperwind
            Varaha - 14 Human Priest - Whisperwind
            Keiran - 13 Night Elf Warrior - Whisperwind

Comment

OMG, that's just delightful! Thank you for sharing that, because it totally made my evening. I love the "Imsobanned" name change. Too funny!
              Carpe DM: Seize the Dungeon Master

Comment

is there somthing wrong with ebay'ers or just that one in particular?

Comment

Well, in brief, eBaying is bad for all players that don't use it. The selling of items causes those items to be more heavily camped in game, because they have RL value now, denying non-eBayers the item.

eBaying accounts is even worse, leading directly to player deaths. What you get is people that don't know how to play the game, much less the intricacies of whatever class they have, joining high level groups, and then failing to perform some basic role that is required in battle. If the group is *lucky*, they will catch it before they get into combat, and tell the eBayer to take a hike.

Comment

Sounds like the guy page 8'd himself.
                    Lightbringer Severien the Mighty of the Freeport Militia
                    <Northstar Legion> - Fennin Ro
                    "The only way they could nerf a warrior harder would be to ban him." - Woody -

Comment

no!!

I was gonna say the same thing!!

argh, you beat me to it......
                      TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

oh, I know this one guy who is working all the time, but he makes about 80$ an hour so to him it's far better to buy the item and work for it in an hour, then it is to spend several hours looking for it.

Comment

Yeah, I can sympathize with that... It's just that as soon as an RL market develops for something ingame, people jump on it and deny it to others so they can make an RL profit.

Not to mention the jealousy from people that can't afford to buy the things they want... It's just something that brings about ill will overall.

Comment

Frankly, if he doesn't have time to play the game, then he shouldn't play it. Not only is it against the EULA, but it's quite possibly against copyright law to buy/sell accounts, items, plat, etc for real world cash. The items don't belong to the people selling them, thus they have no right to sell them.

Comment

Hrm,

Let me preface this by saying I'm not exactly super thrilled by the fact that a RL market for in game stuff exists either; however, I believe they get around those loopholes by selling the "Time" it took to get those things, not those things... they sell their time, and the items are a free gift that come with that purchase of time.

Regards,
                              DarkWyndre

PS - no, that doesn't make it any better, just means that it is legal
                              You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss that same imaginary place.

Comment

Working...
                              X