While I wait on the FFXI download....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I wait on the FFXI download....

I thought I'd ask all you kind and wonderful people to reiterate for me any info on where to go and what to do.
    The F word isn't funny

Kill loads of baddies for mega experience!!!

Ok, I don't know, I don't play. =( Oh well, I tried.
    Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
    Formo - Human Paladin
    Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
    Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

Well, that's always a good place to start. It being a brave new world and all, I can't wait to rush out and join it. Like rocket skates downhill into a brick wall.
      The F word isn't funny

Comment

2 words, Wile E. Coyote. Ok, that was 2 word and one letter.. You knew what I meant.
        Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
        Formo - Human Paladin
        Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
        Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

Some how I have a feeling the name Wile will be taken.
          The F word isn't funny

Comment

I would play, but I need a Credit Card, does anyone here work for a Bank? :roll:

Comment

Is it just me who fail to see what's so exciting about Final Fantasy XI? Sure, it has a very popular setting, but there is not one single feature in the game that is original or very interesting. I bought it and tried it out for some time, but I could not really get myself to like it.
              To err is human, to forgive is divine.

My home on the web

Comment

The graphics/animations turned me off from getting it. I suppose the conquest thing is new, as well as the somewhat interesting crafting/crystal thing.

And the quests are said to be neat. But I've never tried it. Nothing has appeased my MMORPG appetitie since pre-Luclin EQ, though. Maybe I've just been overstimulated by it all. I was wanting to try DAoC out again, as I had a lot of fun and think I only got to level ten, but this ToA thing scares me.

Right now.. all my hopes rest with Sigil. Though, I may get that Middle Earth one, just because of the world.

(if it seems like I'm posting insanely, sorry. tired, vicoden, extremely bored, and I think I have something to say about everything)
                i'm riding on a blind unicorn
                creative blog | personal blog

Comment

I must say the keyboard controls for this game really do suck. I suppose I could spend an hour resetting everything up but I'll take the advice I've heard from others and just buy a game pad.
                  The F word isn't funny

Comment

Kaylen - amen! I place my hope in Sigil, too. I'm hoping Brad will revolutionize the genre once again, as he did with EverQuest.

As for the conquest system in Final Fantasy XI - it's not interesting at all. It makes me go into a yawn loop. Basically players kill stuff (as normal) to make their empire stand more out from the others. Then the players in the other empires must kill more creatures so they can get higher on some list. It's boring.

But I do have to say that I have very high expectations when it comes to MMORPGs these day. Most developers just do the same thing over and over again.

My home on the web

Comment

I've been playing FFXI for about 2 weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it. I think i posted before that it reminds me a lot of EQ but takes out 90% of the things i hated in EQ. And as for the conquest thing, they said on the main website that when they add PvP (think its the patch after the next patch), there will be battles (PvP) between kingdoms. Though i dont care for PvP it sounds cool. IF they do it right, hopefully it will take the idea SWG was trying for and do it right.

Anyway thats all beside the point, the orginal poster asked what to do when they get started. Well for one, if you haven't started yet, when you first enter the game, the NPC will talk to you and choose that you want to help people. You'll get an adventure's coupon, take that to the NPC they tell you to take it to, and you get 500gil. Not much but a nice starter.

Anyway you can start out doing a lot of stuff, you can walk around and talk to people and do quests (try and find a guy who basically gives you a quest to tour the city), or you can go out and kill things and level. If you decide to kill things, talk to the guards at the gate and make sure they cast signet on you, otherwise you wont get any crystals.

Anyway if you need any help and end up on my server, just send me a tell. Ill post what server i am tomorrow, im too tired to look it up right now and my memory sucks.

Comment

What world are you on, baceause the GU crew is on valefor Visit www.cobblestoned.com/FFXI for more info on our linkshell, if you fell like joining that is.
                        Eon, 55 Troll Shaman, Psy 26 Orc Hunter - DoomHammer
                        Tempus 43 Orc Shaman, Eon 28 Troll Mage - Laughing Skull
                        Brennan - 44 Dwarf Priest - Daggerspine

Comment

I. Hate. MMORPG. Quests.

They are terrifying. They are bad. They are grusome. The only ones that are remotely interesting is the vault quests in Asheron's Call 2, but even those are terrible.

I'm hoping for a revolution.

My home on the web

Comment

Yes. MMORPG quests are boring and uninspired. SWG had a good idea - I liked the class base missions. But after two or three, it turns out those are boring, too.

What would you propose as a quest, Erling? Any ideas? I certainly don't have any.

Sorry if this is a complete derail.. I can start a new topic if it's necessary.
                            i'm riding on a blind unicorn
                            creative blog | personal blog

Comment

Well I forgot who to give that adventurer coupon to and handed it to some guard who gave me 50 gil. Plus I couldn't remember what server to join or how to trick it to give me the server I wanted so I'm on Fairy.

Thanks for the link Shaich. I know it's burried somewhere on these boards. I just didn't want to go digging for it.

*edit*
                              Just deleted my character on Fairy. Going to remake him and start over.
                              Server roulette is fun. :?
                              The F word isn't funny

Comment

Working...
                              X