You're in OUR World now! (12/15)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're in OUR World now! (12/15)

Today's strip is the least of what Mr. Crosby can expect out of the EQ community now that he's been promoted to EQ Community Manager.

Now, when I first met Alan (Crosby), he was GM Brenlo. So, he's tasted the sting of how misguided the players can be when they start laying blame on SOE employees for things relating to EQ.

Not too very long after that first meeting he was promoted to be incharge of Customer Service. Sure, there might have been steps in between, but I'm talking actual meetings (Fan Faires). Now, moving from GM to Head of Customer Service, in my opinion, is like becoming the lead husky on a sled dog team. You're still doing the crap work for little return but atleast you not looking at someone elses ... er... well... you get the point.

But, now? Now, he's put on his big boy pants. He stepped into the single most unforgiving role in EQ. He's Mr. Big Cheese in Charge of Taking the Entire Community's Crap. Community Manager guy.

You see for some odd reason, in this community, everything that goes wrong somehow gets heaped onto the Community Manager's shoulders as if he'd done it himself.

So now that I've initiated Alan (by fire **grins**), let me say on his behalf...

He is our go between. When one of the MANY teams responsible for developing EQ has done something that's not working to the overall benefit of the game, Alan didn't do it. He's just the guy that lets us know what happened and how SOE tends to address it.

This does also mean, however, that when we have problems, we need to /feedback and/or take our problems to Alan (Brenlo). He's the guy that's going to explain OUR side to the devs.

I hope that makes sense, because I said it enough on Absor's behalf and no one seemed to hear it.

Now, as far as the Bard comment in today's comic goes: It seems that one of the first things Brenlo had to do, as the new Community Guy, was explain to the bards how some of their schtuff needed to be changed. Some was good, some was bad, and yeah, there was even a bit of a nerf involved. But, to his credit, he layed it out there straight and clear with no double talk and no SOE-isms.

So, if you'd like to take a moment to welcome Brenlo to his new position, or the GU Community specifically, go right ahead. That's what this post is hear for.

Heh. welcome to Woody's world, Alan. =P
    You\'re not my BRO!!

Comment

Good luck Brenlo

~H
      Haradek Shadowstalker,65 Dwarf Rogue,unretired (Mith Marr)

Comment

*waves*

Hi there!

Now, I have a list of all the things that are wrong, that you will need to be addressing, I hope you have a pen....

Iilia SpiritCaller (EQ)
        63 Vah Shir Savage Lord
        Silverfire (WoW)
        60 Troll Shaman

Comment

Welcome Alan, hope you are as good at taking a joke as Absor was!

Comment

/hugs Bren. I was always one of Hasbro's biggest supporters, so my pom poms are at your service now. And they can call me a fangirl if they wanna, I don't care.
            Carpe DM: Seize the Dungeon Master

Comment

Welcome...we will now commence our whining and consant complaining at your expense. Oh and good luck.
              Geoff 70 Human Paladin WoW - Feathermoon
              Ograal 70 Orc Warrior WoW - Feathermoon

Comment

Did you have to..

Tell them about the Faerie wings and tutu? I thought that was our Fan Faire secret.

Thanks for the initiation Woody and thanks all for the welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the darkside of the scwartz

Comment

Well I suppose its hard to stay mad at someone wearing a tutu and fairy wings, even if he is hitting you kinda hard with the nerf stick.
                    Satarus the Undead Warrior
                    <Mad Turkey Disease>
                    O'Neill Needs Therapy

Comment

How many times can a Halfling use the word update in one post?

Let's ask Mr. Owl.
                      I'm starting to like this guy already. Sense of humour is a must for EQ's ombudsman.
                      The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change

Comment

Yeah I think Brenlo will be a good replacement for Absor, and not be the liar that Abashi was.
                        Satarus the Undead Warrior
                        <Mad Turkey Disease>
                        O'Neill Needs Therapy

Comment

Are you sure they aren't Bixie wings?
                          -Minadin 75 Druid
                          -Antilles 75 Ranger
                          -Frum 61 Rogue

Comment

Good luck with the new position, Brenlo!

I will not comment on what position that might be... hah.

It is a good thing that you have Bixie power, it will get you through the tough times and multiple threads on the Newbie forum that start with something like "Just a straight answer Brenlo!" haha

Honestly, I don't know how Absor managed to retain his sense of humor and professionalism sometimes (he even went beyond that and was often hilarious). *waves pompoms for Absor*

You seem to be made of similar good stuff! *waves pompoms for you*
                            Stoooone hiiiiiiiiiiveeee.....

Comment

Good luck Brenlo. Just remember that it's instinct to go for the messenger. We don't mean 90% of what we say to be taken personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X