New spell effects...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New spell effects...

Why do they insist on changing things from good to bad? Seriously. I no longer have fire spells. Now I have red spraypaint. *grumbles*

-_-

I personally like the new spell effects. No wait, I LOVE them.

I have heard that most necro's hate them, but I know of only one, and he's only associated with me because he's married to my in-game sister. Oh well, you can't please 'em all, I'm just glad I like the effects. =)
    Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
    Formo - Human Paladin
    Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
    Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Comment

I wish I could even see the new effects. I tried to log in for the first time in a month to take a look at them, and the game dies just as it ought to be loading the character screen. Anyone else had problems since the spell graphics patch?
      43 Paladin/30 Warrior
      30 White Mage, 18 Dragoon, 16 Thief, 11 Ninja, 11 Beastmaster
      Fenrir Server

Comment

I like the new spell effects too. Especially the Necro ones. I'm rather tired of the Green Ball Funnels.
        If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Comment

Come on, you can't possibly look at that picture and say that looks like fire. It's a red line! And: Root = no effect. Lull = no effect. The old fire spell looked like fire, it actually.. had... flames... now it's a red.. line...

Comment

On the test server the root spell animation actually looks like vines coming out of the ground and tangling the creatures legs.

If you don't see anything maybe you dont have all the effects turned up or the range shorter than how far away you are standing? Or maybe they have not added that to the Live side yet?
            If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Comment

root looks like blackish brown tendrils coming out of the ground around your target...lull is a blue haze with a helix swirling up around your target. i'll agree though that i thought the old fire spells looked more like fire though.

apparently, some of the graphics didn't make it over to live or something, so there was another patch this morning. lull and stuff should work; if not, do the testeverquest.exe patcher, and that'll download all the right spell effects.
              now lurking in a thread near you: The Answer Panda

Comment

yeah root snare lull and mez weren't working for me when i went on last night to see them.

But, other then that, i think most of the effects are pretty sweet. Though 50% of them just look like a slightly different version of the Virtue/Temperance spell effects, most look pretty cool. Besides i like the virtue spell effects anyway

I think the port spells and heal spells are my favorites though.

Comment

The new lightning spells look nice. Its about time they had bolts insted of red sparks.
                  "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!"

Comment

BEHOLD SEA ANEMONE MAN!! I shouted that everytime I cast Thorncoat last night, get a Ranger to do it you will laugh yer socks off.
                    http://www.myspace.com/magnusvigilo
                    WoW Kilrogg-Allie: Akardius
                    Shu'Halo-Horde: Xalos

Comment

Bard Lull was working just fine for me yesterday.
                      I like the new spell effects
                      Retired Player of EQ
                      Enjoy the Simple things in life.

Comment

I like the new spells. They seem to be really memory friendly in that at full it doesn't slow my comp down at all. I really like the new canna effect.

Comment

That looks nothing like fire, and everything like some sort of evil, like how they did Harm (the most evil spell evar!) in NWN. Heal (100% hp ) is a big blue immersing shine from heaven, whereas harm (- all but 1d4 hps) is a big red shine from heaven.
                          Kylahn Dy'Nar - 60 Paladin / 43 Provisioner - Hex - EQ2.Mistmoore
                          Yunama Dendrobatis - 31 Dirge - Hex - EQ2.Mistmoore

Comment

The new fire affects really looks like the old poison/desiease affects with the white/orange cracked out. They have once again broken bolt spells, several Shock lines of spells were not upgraded, the new conjurtaion type affects now appear in front of the caster which looks kinda dumb, etc... Many of the new affects were jsut fleshed out old affects. I remember seeing one of the older SoW affects that actually had a wolf's head form over the target... THAT would have been cool.
                            When it comes to you versus the world, bet on the world.

Comment

The paladin spells all looks like safts of light and blue haze. THE main warrior in my guild made the comment it was bringing back memories of the 70's for him.
                              Lightbringer Severien the Mighty of the Freeport Militia
                              <Northstar Legion> - Fennin Ro
                              "The only way they could nerf a warrior harder would be to ban him." - Woody -

Comment

Working...
                              X