FFXI sun glare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI sun glare

I always thought the more realistic it got the better, but I just can't seem to find a way around that intensly bright sun glare in FFXI.

too bad I couldn't exchange my headgear for some sunglasses 8) , was thinking about making a comic about it for my linkshell buddies.. anyways if theres a way to get around the glare any info would be appricated it.

sun glare in caves should be illeagel!

Don't look into the sun ^_^

But serious, you only really see that glare if you're looking at or nearly at the sun. Other than that, dunno what to tell you. I love having a blinding sun in the sky, thing actually makes my face warm when I stare at it. =_=
    We should think about... what we got right now,
    \'Cause the good things are made up of time.
    Smile to your problems, leave the past behind.
    Never forget this.
    - Eiffel 65, \"Now is Forever\"

Comment

Actully that glare is my biggest complaint with the game it is everywhere (yes even in caves and buildings) and it gets in your feild of veiw to often but hey you get used to it
      Eon, 55 Troll Shaman, Psy 26 Orc Hunter - DoomHammer
      Tempus 43 Orc Shaman, Eon 28 Troll Mage - Laughing Skull
      Brennan - 44 Dwarf Priest - Daggerspine

Comment

To be honest, I haven't even noticed it at all

Comment

I'm fairly certain that some video cards cause the "sun glare in caves and indoors" thing. The computer I have with a GeForce 4 card has that problem, the other computer with a GeForce 2 does not, but does show the sun glare where it should be (outdoors, looking in the sun's direction).

No clue how to fix it, and none of the settings do a thing about it (tried weather, clip plane, resolution, etc.).
          43 Paladin/30 Warrior
          30 White Mage, 18 Dragoon, 16 Thief, 11 Ninja, 11 Beastmaster
          Fenrir Server

Comment

I personally love it, i think its awsome. But then again, i never have the glare in buildings or in caves. Usually in caves/buildings its a lot darker and the sun only shows through windows sort of.

Comment

That's odd... never get sun glares in caves or indoors unless I'm near an exit and it's near sun-down. Wish it WOULD appear more often, if it meant I could see!

Comment

Try going to the dunes off of the highlands during high noon.. the sand reflects the sunlight really really brightly... but I like the realism and yeah I wish you could goldsmith some rose lensed specs of some type. 8)

Comment

it is nice once in a while but like i said earlier if you had it in your screen 1/2 the time and making it hard to see you would hate it to
                  Eon, 55 Troll Shaman, Psy 26 Orc Hunter - DoomHammer
                  Tempus 43 Orc Shaman, Eon 28 Troll Mage - Laughing Skull
                  Brennan - 44 Dwarf Priest - Daggerspine

Comment

I must agree the brightness of the sand in Valkurm Dunes is like staring into the sun. I actually put on sunglasses once. I didn't know monitors could make a color that bright.

Comment

wow. everything I hear about this game makes me want it more and more... ... but EQ... but but... *sigh* oh, fudge.

Comment

Originally posted by rimedragona
                        wow. everything I hear about this game makes me want it more and more... ... but EQ... but but... *sigh* oh, fudge.
                        You can have pet dragons rimedragona! There so cute ^^. You know you want to buy FFXI, you must buy FFXI! Become one of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Necrosaro
                          You can have pet dragons rimedragona! There so cute ^^. You know you want to buy FFXI, you must buy FFXI! Become one of us!

Erghk...

Dragons, you say? cute ones? Oh, dear.... *flails about in indecision*

Comment

Yes, Rimedragona. Come...come to the dark side. You know you want to..

It is your destiny..

The only problem I foresee is the choice of server. Most GUers seem to be on Valefor, but there are a few others spread out like islands in a sea.

I haven't actually settled in yet, but the server I commited to going to isn't Valefor, so... ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Saethori
                              Yes, Rimedragona. Come...come to the dark side. You know you want to..

It is your destiny..

The only problem I foresee is the choice of server. Most GUers seem to be on Valefor, but there are a few others spread out like islands in a sea.

I haven't actually settled in yet, but the server I commited to going to isn't Valefor, so... ^^;
                              Yeah.. It's not tough to get a world pass and pick a server. I've got Lionfire on Garuda and Lionfyre on Bahamut where my friend is who got me a world pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X