Nope... not a bug! (12/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope... not a bug! (12/24)

In the same adventure I mentioned in the writeup for the 12/22 strip, something similar to today's comic happened. So... I couldn't help jotting it down for later use.

After the Paladin left, I was left to try to pull after the cleric pacified.

We cleaned a room down to two mobs, pulled, and killed the first. While the other just stood there. The vampire lady continued to stand there and look at me as I shot her over and over again. I finally just walked up to her and whacked her with my hammer.

Before whacking her though, I paused to let the other group memebers know that I'd rooted her... with sex appeal. It went over well with them; hopefully it worked for you guys too.

**whistles**

ROFLIMM!

YES!
    TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

What? I DID root her with sex appeal.
      Vhah Drahsil - 58 Barbarian Warrior
      Freenorrath.Com

Comment

rofl ^_^
        Llandra Icefyre RETIRED My LiveJournal

Comment

I don't fully understand *why* that happened... was the mob actually rooted?

*confused*

Regardless, it was a nice comic.

Comment

No. She wasn't rooted. And even if she were... I wouldn't have been able to walk right up to her.

The arrows obviously never landed, despite clear line of sight.

My only guess, even though I KNOW the duration is NOT that long, is that Pacify was still in effect on her. She didn't move until I hit her. **shrugs**

I had the same arrow problem with some scavengers later that same night.

Comment

Ooh, the arrows never connected. That makes sense.

But then does that actually count as shooting her?

You know, it's entirely possible that Vhah *did* hit her, just must've used Cupid arrows or somethin'...

Comment

Vhah could root me with sex appeal any time he likes....yummy!
                "To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through; that is to be a nurse." Anonymous

Comment

yes, I with Dubheasa on that!

TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

Gawd that was funny. First time I read it I read it not thinking EQ terminology and I thought it was naughty and funny. Then with EQ on top it made it even funnier.

One of my first large grouping experiences was 4 Australians and 2 Americans. They kept yelling to root the lizzie. Now we were sending tells to eachother wondering just what the hell what up with these pervs. It wasn't till I was relating this story to some other players that I realised just what was up. None of our classes had that spell so we had no idea.
                    I don\'t want the world... I just want your half.

Comment

Hiya,
                      Yeah, Vhah got a laugh out of us with that line :roll: Again, we had no idea why it just stood there, he couldn't have missed 3 times...could he??

Also about that whole "root" thing....when I visited Oz I was in a pub where the locals were watching rugby and happened to ask which team were they rooting for..lol..I got some looks!! Luckily the barmaid pulled me aside and explained! :P

-Lenghost Cyr

Comment

Len is the one eyed bearded guy at my right shoulder. **points**

There is a GLARING problem with the picture though...

The halfling with the purple helmet is the Paladin that I mentioned. He uh... shouldn't be there.

Technically he was sitting at the exit while he got ready for work, hoping we won the mission, and didn't train him. **grins**

Comment

The look on Vhah's face is priceless...

Comment

LOL

Comment

Well, you have no arguments from me that Vhah's sex appeal could render a woman stunned and immobile. Rawr!
                              -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
                              Nothing matters and what if it did?

Comment

Working...
                              X