I said... it tastes GREAT! (12/26)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said... it tastes GREAT! (12/26)

In looking for a joke for today's comic, I decided to go to the bard boards to see what they had to say about the recent nerf to some of their abilities.

Well, I found a lot of unrest and discourse... but beyond that, I found an all out war between monks and bards. It seems to be centering on the ability to pull. And I can see a bit of both sides.

Now, I'd link a post or two, but the fact is, every post I read had atleast SOMETHING that showed some negativity between the two classes.

The textual battle reminded me of the old Bud Light commercials, and I knew I had my joke.

**shrugs and grins**

Being once a Bard and Monk I gotta say that was a great laugh
    Venerable Binaman TheWinterWolf
    64 Shaman of Mith Marr
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=371460

Comment

Well I wouldnt know anything about the bard/monk issues...or the whole melee revamp...considering none of my melee classes ever make it past 45... I'd prefer sit in the background and wiggle my fingers... although my Shammy does like to smack a few things around when soloing..SO when do us Shammys get some kewl new melee abilities???
      Qendadar Daesidarius 62nd High Elf Mage
      Shattershot Bowfury 45th Wood Elf Ranger
      Jennafrog Croakbuffer 51st Froggy Shaman
      All located on Ayonae Ro

Comment

Re: I said... it tastes GREAT! (12/26)

Originally posted by Woody
        The textual battle reminded me of the old Bud Light commercials, and I knew I had my joke.
        Thankyou for explaining what the copy was - I had no idea... I was thinking American chocolate bar or something.

Regarding bards vs monks. Bards were always 100% better :P Cause I am biased! I was a bard for 2 years.

PS. What you doing working on Chrissy Day!!!!!!
        I don\'t want the world... I just want your half.

Comment

heh.... good one woody.. i chuckeled out loud when i saw the "tastes great; less filling" lines..
          Llandra Icefyre RETIRED My LiveJournal

Comment

Monks don't die when the bish resists (they feign it, no really )

Comment

Errrr.........not trying to be a stick in the mud, but wasn't that from the Miller Lite commercials. I seem to remember John Madden and a bunch of other football players shouting back and forth at each other Tastes Great...........Less Filling
              Trolalen
              Ranger of 62 seasons
              The Seventh Hammer
              Officer in Holy Might

Comment

I have no clue where it's really from... all I know is that I heard it pass around a lot... I guess it's famous in that regard.

But, yeah... I saw a mile away that giving Monks Lull and simultaneously nerfing Bard Lull would result in commotion. As happens whenever any class gains or loses something, but it's obviously much more heated when one class gains something the other class just lost.

Probably comparable in certain regards for all of the Wizard's port spells suddenly being taken away and given to the Necromancer. Instant commotion, just add whiner.

Comment

Hehe,

Thanks Woody, that was great. As you so aptly pointed out to me on the serverwide the other day, I'm class blind; however, THAT was funny, and you're absolutely right.

I'm a fairly regular poster over at MB, and every bard that's stopped in to whine has gotten some vartion of the following comment from me...

"Well, any good monk will tell you that we don't need the new ability, we've been considered the best pullers for years without it. Maybe if you actually learned to pull, and then learned to use your abilities to make that better, you wouldn't be here whining about your lack of skills, would ya?"

Threadkilla

I'm rambling

Great Comic and all that.
                  You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss that same imaginary place.

Comment

Re: I said... it tastes GREAT! (12/26)

Originally posted by Reymi_VZ
                    Thankyou for explaining what the copy was - I had no idea... I was thinking American chocolate bar or something.
                    Mmm.. Chocobeer. I think you're onto something there.

Comment

No, it was Bud Light =) Great comic.

Comment

trying to remember that far back, but i think it was miller lite
                        Xaurothan Zauvirr
                        55 necromancer

Comment

Pally's pull better :-p

Comment

It's Miller Lite.

GG NO RE
                            TheBucci.com | Real ID: email @ thebucci.com | Steam: ciarin7

Comment

Being that I play a bard and my Boss plays a monk I must say you struck a nerve there.
                              The F word isn't funny

Comment

Working...
                              X