Woody... for Nostalgia's sake!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody... for Nostalgia's sake!

I am sure you're aware of Pantheon: The Rise of the Fallen MMORPG being developed by Brad McQuaid (Visionary Realms studio), the very first thing that came to my mind is your comics during those beautiful times of EverQuest. Pantheon is going to bring back, FINALLY, the experience EverQuest once delivered. The whole concept that was forgotten for over a decade now is coming back. The same combat mechanics, camping, trains, classes, no quest-hubs, no instanced-dungeons, no maps, difficulty encounters, death penalty and more... all of that is coming again.

It would be great if you once more participate with your comics about this new coming game; you'd 1) promote the game to your visitors and 2) have an interesting thing to talk about and 3) enjoy waiting for the game with us and then - hopefully soon - play the game with us.

And for the sake of old times I managed to login with my ANCIENT ACCOUNT (probably 12 years old now?! HOLY CRIPES ON TOAST!).
    Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..

Meh, every few years you get an attempt like this in an MMO, to restore the ideas/ideals of the first few games like EQ and UO. The vast majority of them disappear before being fully developed. The few that make it into full production/release either fail or turn into a niche product that barely manages to keep a community with a single server up.
    The Discordant Dreams of Electric Sheep - Short Stories, Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Reviews, and General Ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Valdius View Post
      Meh, every few years you get an attempt like this in an MMO, to restore the ideas/ideals of the first few games like EQ and UO. The vast majority of them disappear before being fully developed. The few that make it into full production/release either fail or turn into a niche product that barely manages to keep a community with a single server up.
      Not this time. Not this time!

This time I guarantee that the design will remain as is and the combat is there you can see it for yourself; it's not just text on a website or an interview with a developer. There are hours upon hours of finished gameplay and I'm pretty sure they will not change it. The combat brings back downtime, resource management, fizzling, missing, OOM, CCing, Slowing, and all the goodness of EverQuest.

The game might not be released but at this point I can bet on it that it's going to be definitely released. The core of a game is there, they already have playable content and all what they need to do is create more zone and content and finalize the other classes.

VR want to focus on the core concept of an MMO, they're not trying to try anything huge or fancy. Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is the ONLY game after EverQuest that I can call a true EQ successor. Not even Vanguard comes close (I've never considered Vanguard to be a true EQ successor)... Pantheon without a doubt is!
      Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..

Comment

Working...
      X