Stephen Hawking (3/14)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hawking (3/14)

Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author, and the Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at Cambridge, passed away Wednesday (March 14th, 2018). I'd say something patently unscientific like "the universe somehow seems smaller", but it doesn't. I'd offer some inane follow-up about my own little world feeling smaller, but it doesn't. All I owe Dr. Hawking is honest observation, but I can't even do that without bias. I can only hope that my love of science has shown through in the comics I've done. That it can somehow be construed as tribute. And where I've never explored Dr. Hawking's work specifically in the comic; he has certainly informed the direction of those whose work I have sullied from time to time in this little comic of mine.

So long Dr. Hawking. Thank you you for the inspiration.

And Pi Day will forever be remembered a little more solemnly
    My Warlock pwnz!

Comment

Originally posted by oa127 View Post
      And Pi Day will forever be remembered a little more solemnly
      Not just that, but Pi Day is also Albert Einstein's birthday. And Dr. Hawking passed away at the same age as Albert. And then there's the fact that Dr. Hawking was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death.

I think maybe the universe is trying to tell us something about quantum entanglement and coincidence.
      Last edited by Jakk Frost; July 23rd, 2018, 02:35 PM.
      Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Comment

Working...
      X