World of Warcraft and Everquest news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft and Everquest news

In order to alleviate the issue of needing to /q to really clear aggro in some situations, we've added a new mechanic to feign death. If you stay feigned for about two minutes, all NPCs will forget about you. There is no message to indicate it yet, but one should be going in with the next Test patch.

- Kavhok, SOE

Also

Beta Signups for World of Warcraft will open at the end of the month

Kat posted that on Bnet last nite along with their statement about the alpha leak --somebody gonna get in alot of trouble.

Lenardo

I'm certain I'm not the only "Kat" posting on message boards, and I'm far from anyone of any importance outside my own little realm of influence, but I just wanted to be clear it is not me, just another Kat.

I know nothink! - Srgt. Schultz
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Comment

Well, hopefully the beta will start sometime soon then. I try to stay away from rumors, even those said by company employees. The truth is that no matter what someone says, it's still just words until it actually happens.

Blizzard - "The game is almost finished...no REALLY! It's going to be ready in 2 weeks....(two weeks later).... Oh we ment 2 weeks from today, errr...better make that 2 years from today. Okay, it's REALLY REALLY REALLY ready now, and nevermind that it's graphicly two years outdated."

I believe Blizzard makes good games, but I don't think they're the "gods" of gaming. It's one thing to take your time with a project, and make sure it's good before releaseing it, but it's another thing to take too long to the point that it's outdated in a lot of areas. *cough* Warcraft Adventures *cough* Excuse me! I must be coming down with a cold!

I hope that Blizzard will realize that with WoW they can add more content later. Just as long as it's not buggy at launch and has enough to keep people interested, then I think it will be a sweet game.
      Foehammer
      DAoC: Kyoric - 50 highlander paladin (Gaheris)
      STILL Waiting on WoW and UXO

\"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.\"

Comment

Feign has been rather bugged as of late anyways. Least from what I have noticed and a few other guild monks we have to stay down till said thing is at its bind point before we can stand up again.. regardless of how far away it is. Also could just be a side effect of what he said.

Sure kat.. we know its you..
        Baron Pedula Otani
        60 Grandmaster
        Bristlebane
        Theatre of the Void

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=899660

\"Classes aren\'t that out of balance.\" -AbsorEQ

Comment

http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thr...154#post937119

Comment

Several of the Devs for WoW used to play on Various servers for Eq...and were usually in "uber" guilds - Legacy of Steel on the nameless had atleast 3 or 4 blizzard employees(of which atleast 2 are on the WoW team) and Tigole(ex-LoS guildleader) got his job at blizzard working on WoW on quests i believe.....

they know....

it's going to be interesting when it hits open beta what people are going to say about it.

Comment

I think it's great that monks can now get up after FD pulling. Too bad most LDoN mobs last about 30 seconds anyway

Comment

Feign has been rather bugged as of late anyways. Least from what I have noticed and a few other guild monks we have to stay down till said thing is at its bind point before we can stand up again..
                FD has always behaved this way. If a mob that has a static spawn is in range, it will reset aggro when it arrives at spawn.

Roaming mobs never reset and must be out of aggro range.

Comment

no i meant stuff that wasnt within aggro range. It has been behaving alot wierder lately.. twice as hard to split pulls now.. or maybe i have begun to suck worse..

yeah thats viable.
                  Baron Pedula Otani
                  60 Grandmaster
                  Bristlebane
                  Theatre of the Void

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=899660

\"Classes aren\'t that out of balance.\" -AbsorEQ

Comment

I was about to point you in the direction of Casters realm's explaination about Feign Death. I then saw you were 58 and decided it'd be condescending

Perhaps though, mobs are beginning to get used to your feign death now that you have been given extra skills. This granny mob is clearly not deceived by your cunning plan to escape:

http://www.gucomics.com/archives/vie...cdate=20010130

Comment

With regards to the WoW beta signups, everyone remember that just because they're letting people sign up doesn't mean anyone will necessarily be beta testing any time too terribly soon. It was something like a year and a half after I signed up for the Shadowbane beta before I got in, and I'd completely forgotten that Anarchy Online existed when I got invited to its beta.
                      ~Jaqrabbit

Comment

Jaq... that's because there are levels of Beta. In both of the instances you mentioned above, I would imagine you were finally allowed in for stress testing.

Not like Beta testing helped either one of those games anyway. Both of their releases were crap.

Comment

Wouldn't that be more to do with corporate release pressure then using beta testing to it's full advantage?

But yeah, in MMOGs you can't test your nice efficient algorithms or server hardware until you flood the servers with players

Comment

didin´t work for AO, the lagg was like all from 10-60sec lagg, the mobs actually HEALED themselves up before you where done with em
                            ----------Ravencrest-----------

Laston [ANSI] lvl 60 Shaman

Comment

Yeah, I was in (I think) the open beta for Shadowbane, and got in Beta 4 for AO, so it was the stress testing period for each.

But even for closed beta, or beta 1, or whatever you want to call it, they've got to accumulate a list of applications (granted, won't take long, assuming the wave of applicants doesn't crush the server), sort through them and weed out the ones they don't want, and select the ones they DO want before beta can start. Then they have to send out all the acceptance letters, and get everyone the software and get all the accounts activated, all of which will take time.

And that assumes that at the end of this month they're ready to start beta, from a coding standpoint. Given the timing (news about beta signups coming in the same announcement as discussion of an alpha leak), it seems possible to me that they may be throwing players a bone to encourage them not to hunt down and mess with the leaked alpha files. If that's true then it may be the end of February or even later before anyone actually gets accepted into any stage of beta, despite the ability to sign up at the end of January.

Or I might be completely wrong, it's happened a time or two before. I just wouldn't want anyone getting but so excited about beta starting, and then being disappointed because it didn't.
                              ~Jaqrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X