X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenardo
    started a topic World of Warcraft and Everquest news

World of Warcraft and Everquest news

In order to alleviate the issue of needing to /q to really clear aggro in some situations, we've added a new mechanic to feign death. If you stay feigned for about two minutes, all NPCs will forget about you. There is no message to indicate it yet, but one should be going in with the next Test patch.

- Kavhok, SOE

Also

Beta Signups for World of Warcraft will open at the end of the month

Kat posted that on Bnet last nite along with their statement about the alpha leak --somebody gonna get in alot of trouble.

Lenardo

• ceelorn
    replied
    or at the very least one per faydark o.O

Leave a comment:

• Tinlu
    replied
    I've always thought there were too meny pok books. One per contenient would be just fine. Also I hope in WoW they slow walkign down and have more random encounters, like if you walking in a forest you have % to enoughter a quest NCP(s) and the quest is based on your level. Nothing sucks more then running into newb quest after other class/race quest. Would be cool, you adventuring with friends, get ambused or surrounded, storyline, good voice actors, interesty story twists.

Ah well, we can dream.

Leave a comment:

• FoghornDeadhorn
    replied
    On transport:

Major transportation modes will be to major locations, like cities. Plus, the boats (your major mode of transpo from continent to continent) are more of an adventure than a mode of transport. I think that's way cool...like, you can be attacked at sea and stuff. Probably run into little mini-quests sometimes, like "argh, thars a storm"....the next morning "tha winds carried us to an uncharted island sir...ARGH!"..."Thar be fish people on tha, argh, boat..." "please help us find our flippers! *bubble bubble*" "ARGHH!!!"

"Lolo sees a tiny dwarf! Always on the lookout, Lolo is!"

Leave a comment:

• Realmreaver
    replied
    Originally posted by FoghornDeadhorn
    Yeah, we'll see on the content...really no way of telling other than to go back to the "faith in the developer" line of thinking...but I'll tell you one thing, there was a thread that had a minimap up, and then showed that location on an area map, and then zoomed out to the reqional map...and then showed the world map.

WoW is a BIG game. And there's no teleporting...no mounts until level 40...so...if nothing else there will be a lot of walking to do! :P
    I never had the prob with early EQ in this regard and truth told people will be oin one spot alot anyways playing with small groups till they get higher for high level raids.... so I don't think it will be a problem as some thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Realmreaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Foehammer
    Well, hopefully the beta will start sometime soon then. I try to stay away from rumors, even those said by company employees. The truth is that no matter what someone says, it's still just words until it actually happens.

Blizzard - "The game is almost finished...no REALLY! It's going to be ready in 2 weeks....(two weeks later).... Oh we ment 2 weeks from today, errr...better make that 2 years from today. Okay, it's REALLY REALLY REALLY ready now, and nevermind that it's graphicly two years outdated."

I believe Blizzard makes good games, but I don't think they're the "gods" of gaming. It's one thing to take your time with a project, and make sure it's good before releaseing it, but it's another thing to take too long to the point that it's outdated in a lot of areas. *cough* Warcraft Adventures *cough* Excuse me! I must be coming down with a cold!

I hope that Blizzard will realize that with WoW they can add more content later. Just as long as it's not buggy at launch and has enough to keep people interested, then I think it will be a sweet game.
    Yeaj Warcraft adventures was a joke and really? WoW reminds me alot of EQ but a bit more cartoonie.. definitely not as detail as SWG but truth told if it's fun ? I don't think anyone is gonna give a rats .... well just saying EQ fans sure will think it's an improvement GFX wise.... the rest of us might take the hit to have something fun to play again.

Leave a comment:

• Naelaen
    replied
    I hated the PoK books when they first came out, now the spires you had to wait for, and hence meant there was a least some downside to using them. But in all honestly the PoK books have enabled me to visit a lot of Norrath that I wouldn't have before. Kills some of the adventure aspect in getting to places, but enables you to adventure in zone you hadn't visited before. Swings and roundabouts.

Leave a comment:

• katahn2001
    replied
    Having certain classes able to teleport isn't a bad thing, what I think is a bad thing is not every class having an innate form of gate or its equivilent. Gate allows for people who need to log off quickly to have a guaranteed way back to town quickly, without having to be dependant, in a potential RL emergency situation, on either being stuck in the bottom of a dungeon somewhere or hoping someone can teleport them out.

What is bad about teleports is when they are mass available and free. The Wayfarer Magi, the Nexus Spires, and worst of all the PoK books can all be used for free and have dramatically changed the game from feeling like a world to feeling more like, well, a game. If the Nexus scion *sold* the shards, or if using a PoK book required a reagent of some kind (something costing ~5pp or so), likewise for the Wayfarer's ("You must purchase the resonating gemstone to enable us to guide your passage to the other camp!") you'd have plat-sink and discourage casual or frivolous overuse of the teleporters while still having them there for the times when you want to join a group somewhere distant.

Leave a comment:

• Penguin (:>(O ):
    replied
    You mean you read over 2000 pages in one book? Thats alot of reading... I think that you should be able to teleport to continents only. And other than that have alternate forms of transport. I like the way they did the mounts for WoW. I cant figure out if i wanna make a dwarf or an orc, i mean a samurai lookin one like the blademaster, then i would get me puppy to ride and all.

Leave a comment:

• Rhiamon Fatesealer
    replied
    Remind me not to buy your MMORPG :P

teleports = travel isnt a total time sink

Leave a comment:

• Erling E.
    replied
    Page 2439 in Erling's Book of The Perfect MMORPG:

"Teleports = bad."

Leave a comment:

• Jaqrabbit
    replied
    Yeah, I remember reading somewhere or other that mages would get teleports. I also remember reading in that same place, something about groups of mages being able to conduct "rituals" of some kind to create a new teleport target, or something like that. It's been a while since I read it, so I'm a little vague on the details (not that there were many details in the first place).

Leave a comment:

• Naryn
    replied
    Actually, I remember reading on the official boards that in WoW all high level classes would be able to get from a dungeon to town, and back, in like 10 minutes.

Don't quote me on that.

However I am nearly 100% positive that high level mages will be able to teleport for sure!

Leave a comment:

• FoghornDeadhorn
    replied
    Well, yeah, that's true. But you don't get any silver for some time...assuming no one gives you any...................damn twinkies...

Leave a comment:

• Lenardo
    replied
    not quite true

for a few silver you can...FLY thru the zones

Bats, Zepplins, Hippogriffs, Griffons, supposed to be a Train from the human main city to the Dwarf Main city.. yes TRAIN (well more like a subway)

pretty sure there are boats too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X