Oblivion Dominoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion Dominoes

Ok this has to be one of the cooler things ive seen done in games before.

This was all set up with the level editor for Oblivion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHiI...ook%20dominoes

*edit*

Oops this was supposed to go to "A Very Special Forum" I didnt mean to post it in the wrong forum... Sorry.
    PSN ID - Kikaro

*jaw hits the floor*

Wow...

I'm impressed that someone even came up with that idea at all. Certainly pulled it off amazingly well too... must've taken quite a while. (Though I guess they wouldn't have had to worry about accidentally setting the whole thing off while setting it up, like I used to do when I played with dominoes as a kid...)
    My Guitar Hero Expert scores...
    ... my Guitar Hero II Expert scores...
    ... and my videos.

Comment

That was incredible, it's like mousetrap lol

Comment

IMO woulda been better w/o most of the traps... seem like kind of "cop outs" in case it didn't work partway through so he could re-start it.

Still... impressive.

Comment

I thought the opposite. without the traps I would have got bored. The traps were a nice touch.
          Crunchy Bits

Comment

You realize the traps were being set off by the books and pearls, not the player, right?

Comment

sweet, one of the reasons why i love the elder scroll series, you can do anything to these game.

Comment

It seems like only yesterday that they invented ragdoll physics. Now we got games that can imitate real life physics with extreme precision. Wow.
                To err is human, to forgive is divine.

My home on the web

Comment

Yet another perfect example that people today have too much free time love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Erling E.
                    Now we got games that can imitate real life physics with extreme precision. Wow.
                    Like swords standing upright on their tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Seleste
                      Like swords standing upright on their tips!
                      Which, assuming a perfectly balanced sword, perfectly crafted, and set up at a perfect 180 degree angle, is perfectly possible. :P

I'll just go on a limb here and assume Oblivion doesn't factor notches, bends, and bad craftmanship into it's physics models, so I guess it's accurate. =)

Comment

Unbelievably cool!

But still, some people have too much spare time
                        Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to Uwe Boll movies and Uwe Boll movies lead to suffering...

Comment

I did something like this but it was more along the lines of traps setting off traps with human bodies ^^

IE: I set off trap 1, hits elf 1 who goes flying into trap 2 which hits elf 2 sending him into trap 3, etc.

Very good video though, loved the Dominoes Idea haha

Comment

Originally posted by Stormakov
                            I did something like this but it was more along the lines of traps setting off traps with human bodies ^^

IE: I set off trap 1, hits elf 1 who goes flying into trap 2 which hits elf 2 sending him into trap 3, etc.

Very good video though, loved the Dominoes Idea haha
                            Hearing all that, I'm starting to miss TIM*.

(The Incredible Machine)
                            To err is human, to forgive is divine.

My home on the web

Comment

O_O Wow..
                              ~Do not mess in the affairs of were-wolves, for you are crunchy and taste good with mead.~

My writings here- http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X