It's a Star Wars joke. (6/28)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Star Wars joke. (6/28)

I've been playing with the idea of buying an iPod for a while now. But, until they opened an Apple store in my local mall, I'd never acted on the desire. But, when I went in and saw exactly how small a Nano was I was sold.

Funny thing was, when the tragically hip Apple guy brought me my Nano laden Apple bag he said "you won't have a life for the next few weeks". I laughed it off, and now, here I am a few days later... a slave to my dark lord of the music devices.

I've been moving the best of my music collection onto it during down times from other work. It's amazing how much music you can squeeze onto those damn things. I only bought the 2 Gig version, but it seems to be plenty enough space for my ecclectic yet picky tastes.

Oh, and it's only black in the comic for Vader-esque effect. I actually bought a white one.

I told him he'd be a slave to the Nano. I think after I bought my iPod mini I was in music La La land for about a week. Then it was playlists. Then it was iTunes. Ah, musical commerce how I love thee.

Comment

The nano isn't the master you are..... /me hides his old school ipod slowly reaching 40gb's....

Comment

I laughed and laughed whenever my brother talked about his iPod the same way. It was humorous. Then I bought one. Then I bought a car kit. Then came the bluetooth headphones that also worked with my cellphone. But there were all accessories, I told myself.

No...the truth is, I'm my iPod's accessory. But I'm fine with that. Yes....fine...

Comment

"Only a master of eMule, Darth..."
          Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Nanos are SO cool. My dad went nuts and got each of us one of the white 2GB ones for Christmas this past year, and I gotta say I've LOVED it so far.

Some people want the huge ones so they can put their whole music collection on there, but, the way I see it, I'll never be able to listen to more than 2GB of music at any one time...and I have no desire to look at movies on that tiny little screen.

Set-up did take some time, but now that I have my iTunes linked to my PayPal account, it's easy enough to search for what I want and just buy it.

WOOT on the Nano, Woody!
            I'd like to welcome Aedan Robert Gargrave to the world!
            Born April 17th at 4:10 am...7 lbs, 5 oz, & 20.5" long at birth!

Comment

never knew those things could be adicting, i guess its like MMO's, [you] never think [you'll] be addicted until [you] get it and play for a few weeks, then the evil monkeys have you entwined in their grasp! muahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!

[ Using "u" instead of "you" is a violation of Easy Way #11. ]
              GNOME POWA!!!
              "You shall decorum and respect when dealing with others not of the Gnomish people, for although they are unfortunate creatures, they still deserve our pity."

Comment

*cuddles her black, 4 gig Nano* My precioussss...
                ~She of too many darn alts
                Founder, http://www.RadioFreeNorrath.com

Comment

*frowns at his 7 year old portable cd player....*

Comment

Just... don't sit on it >.>

He won't be a master anymore.. he'll be cut in half like Darth Maul meeting a lightsaber >.>
                    "Before we work on artifical intelligence, why don't we do something about natural stupidity?" -Steve Polyak

Comment

Eeeek! Nano's and iPod's...

*Bows her head in shame of her 512 MB Muzio*

Well at least it works!

As long as the battery lasts...
                      *Kloppeti-kloppeti-klopp BACKSTAB!!*

Comment

I have resisted the temptation to get an iPod for the longest time, but when I saw the Nano add on TV I was sold. My bf however had a different idea and got me the 30 gigabyte video iPod (in black - oh they are so cool!) for Christmas. At first i thought how in the world am i going to fill 30 gigs worth of stuff on that thing - my main hardrive on the computer doesn't even have that much room. But then I put a couple of movies on there and was really amazed by the quality of the picture. It may not be that comfortable to watch something on the Nano but the screen on the video one is actually big enough to watch something without popping your eyes out. So now I have another entertainment option on my commute home from work (I take the subway). The only downside is that the video seems to suck the battery dry prety fast.

Comment

Just pray yours doesn't break down post-warranty.

I've had several friends that now have compact, stylish little pocket-bricks because their hard drives went out after the warranty expired... and Apple has NO post-warranty support. Once the iPod dies post-warranty, all they'll do is offer you a 10% discount on buying a replacement.

Comment

Post Warranty failure is a concern for any piece of technology. It doesn't make much sense to focus commentary one item.

---

A Warning for this Thread: (or, the answer to "why was my post deleted?")

If you don't like Apple products, avoid the thread.
                            If you make claims about the life of a product in regards to its warranty, then substantiate it without rumor-mongering.
                            If you support a different music delivery method, fine. But this isn't the thread for it.
                            If you're anti-establishment, or anti-corporation, take your complaints elsewhere; they don't belong here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Twisted
                              Just pray yours doesn't break down post-warranty.

I've had several friends that now have compact, stylish little pocket-bricks because their hard drives went out after the warranty expired... and Apple has NO post-warranty support. Once the iPod dies post-warranty, all they'll do is offer you a 10% discount on buying a replacement.
                              I don't own one, but from what I've heard, what's in the regular Ipods (at least what USED to be in them) are regular, run-of-the-mill laptop hard disk drives. What people were doing was opening them up, imaging the drive (there's some "base" information on it), then copying that to a new larger hard drive, and putting that in there. It would void your warranty, but considering you don't HAVE one anymore, if that's the only problem... could work, though you might have to find an image to write onto a hard drive somewhere (which may have questionable legality, I have no idea).

Comment

Working...
                              X