Helping Hand Desktop Magnifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping Hand Desktop Magnifier

As a die hard nerd, painting miniatures is part of my dorky fabric. But, getting older, while simultaneously refusing to wear glasses, painting minis has fallen by the wayside. In steps KitClan with their LED Light/Helping Hand Desktop Magnifier.

The TH-7023, Desktop Multi-functional Welding Magnifier, will get used for a lot of things on my desk, welding... not one of them. But, with it's two adjustable alligator clamps, built-in vice, 3x magnifying glass with 4.5x inset, 2 LED lights, and convenient storage tray, there are myriad ways it can be put to use. If you are going to do some soldering though, there's even a holder for your iron.

The magnifying glass is on an height adjustable neck, and can be rotated 360 to suit your needs. It's unfortunate that the neck itself isn't articulated to rotate side to side independent of the position of the clamps. It sounds like nitpicking until you truly start using the thing and finding yourself about to unintentionally snap the neck.

The LED lights can be powered by 3 AAA batteries, or via USB which, given the proximity to my computer, is incredibly convenient.

Pros:
    - Highly adjustable
    - Great lighting
    - Adequate magnification
    - USB power option

Cons:
    - Plastic feels a bit cheap
    - Neck needs rotational articulation independent of arms/clamps

Takeaway:
    Truly helpful tool for hobbyists.

KitClan's Helping Hand Desktop Magnifier is available via Amazon for $24.99. (at the time of this review)
    http://amzn.to/28QNU53

GU Star Rating
    This product was provided for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

#GUReviews #Magnifier
Working...
X