This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome! Welcome! You faithful few!

As I mentioned over at the Assetbar site, I had an issue with their service in that they sold me the idea based on an 80/20 revenue split. But after PayPal took their fees it was 50/50 and I was the only one doing any work. So I figured what the hell? Why not just move it to a forum subscription service where I have far more control over the content, bring in more money per subscription, and can offer you guys more forum related benefits.

The first thing I'll be doing is to add all of the assets from the fanflow here, so no one will have lost anything.

In closing thanks for your few bucks. I do appreciate it, and I hope this area makes you feel your money was worth it. And hey... at least here (compared to assetbar) you can post requests/suggestions/ etc.

Hey, glad to help. It's not like the fee is all that much and hopefully this gets past those annoying limitations the assetbar had like when you tried to post the videos of you making the comics.
    And the yearly subscription option is a big plus as well.

Comment

Yeah, I still don't know what to do about the video. It's currently HUGE. I need to convert it to a smaller source. Once I get that whole process down, I'll be able to post links to videos frequently. But the area here has limitations too. Anything more than a Meg and the submission system chokes, even though I set the upload limit higher. **shrugs** I'll have to come up with a different method of posting it.

Comment

can't say I'd have the inclination to watch the videos but I LOVE the live feeds - more please!

Comment

Well being that the video is exactly the same thing as the live feed (without chat obviously), it shouldn't make any real difference.

Comment

I know I know .. and it might just be adhd or something but it's just not so much fun when I can't annoy you about your music choices or 'weird' way of drawing speech bubbles .. and besides .. I can't very well shout 'boobies' at my monitor when you zoom in on them can I ?

but seriously .. I'm not an expert on video but I'd have thought you could just ftp them to your hosting and link to them from here?

Comment

I already felt like I got my monies worth over at Assetbar, just too bad that you didn't get as much out of it as you had thought. I hope that this works out better.

Comment

I'm not keen on dropping a 25 Gig AVI file on my server. And then pay for the bandwidh associated with streaming a 25 gig avi file on my site. **grins**

Aerian, thus far this works MUCH better.

Comment

25 gig!!! have you considered drawing faster? (joking!! Just joking!!)

Comment

It doesn't have as much to do with how fast I work as it does the fact that the screen capture program I use saves out recordings as no-loss AVI files. Meaning the file size will always be ridiculous on them.

Comment

Since I'm too cheap to buy a professional program I use windows movie maker for my Fraps files, I think one of the default options was web streaming quality.

Comment

Good to be here - glad you get something out of this, rather than being fleeced by whoever is the middleman...

Now I just need to remember to check the forums a bit more regularly than... oh... once a month or so :P So much more to check... must see if it's got an RSS feed.
                        My Machines
                        Do not mess with the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup.

Comment

I'm currently working on ways of adding email and SMS notification to this part of the forums. For the time being though... the Fancast box at the bottom of every pay on the main GU site has the 5 most recent additions. Just scroll down and look at that to know if you need to come get new stuff.

Again though, I'm working on it.

Comment

I'm glad you figured out a way that worked better for you. I hope everything works out with the new setup.

XBL Gamertag - DarkXan

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                              X