Hero Academy(PG) Criticism/brianstorm thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero Academy(PG) Criticism/brianstorm thread

Well i'm starting a story and would like some suggestions of where to go, assignments, places i could be more descriptive of, suggestions for a mage teacher... basically i'm brainstorming, i have an idea where i want to go, but it isn't a clear path on how to get there, this story might change dramatically... well it will because i just got to the intro... so i'm looking for race suggestions, place suggestions, teacher recommendations, good characters, bad characters, questions i need to cover... stuff like that. so here is as far as i gotten....
    Hero’s Academy
    The air was crisp, the grass a light yellow-green and mostly crushed, the sky held a few lavender clouds in the early morning sun. It is the start of a new year at Hero Academy… a school founded by the centaur race to train students to overcome odds, defend what is good, protect commoners from brutal wild beasts, and just be heroes. A swarm of students gathered on the lawn of the school, they are of all races shapes and sizes, from the Ceattee (a desert water race), to Centaurs, to the Kandi (a strong race with a great fire weakness), to human just to name a few. Some students will excel with the power of the elements, others are here of weaponry training.
    “Students! Please find a partner, preferably one you can live with,” an older Centaur with some battle scars said gruffly, “Then you and your partner can go over to the registration desk and speak to Ms. Minos.” He stomped his hoof and pointed to a female Centaur behind a stone desk. “If for some reason you can’t find a partner, I’ll be glad to help you in this task.
    The crowd of students erupted in a calmer. It wasn’t long though till a young female Ceattee approached the old Centaur, “Excuse me? Mr. Cason? I can’t find a partner…”
    “A shy one eh? We always have one each year,” Mr. Cason looked at her then averted his gaze to the crowd, “Let’s see who we can get for yas… Here we go.” He took her arm and trotted over to a human girl who was a few feet from the massive crowd, the human looked at the crowd for a brief second cringed and was about to move on when Mr. Cason grabbed her arm.
    “So what’s your name human?” Mr. Cason said gruffly.
    The human looked at him confused and a bit frightened.
    “Well? Don’t tell me we got another shy one?” Mr. Cason replied.
    “Well my name is Katrina,” said the Ceattee.
    “Umm… ahh…” the human acted dumbfounded and looked at her captive arm then up at Mr. Cason.
    “What’s the matter? Dragon got your tongue?” Mr. Cason laughed, then released her arm and pushed her over to Katrina, “Well?”
    “Salvia….” Salvia looked suspiciously back at Mr. Cason.
    “Okay now let’s get you two registered,” Mr. Cason once again grabbed them both and started to walk them over to Ms. Minos.
    “Wait? But…” Salvia started to struggle against his grip.
    “I can see you two will make a great pair…” Mr. Cason smiled.
    “I can’t… you see? I’m not…?” Salvia was stuttering over words.
    “Of course you can! You don’t have to be nervous. You just have to register.” Mr. Cason nodded.
    “Well hello Mr. Cason,” Ms. Minos announced, “And who do we have here?” her voice was sweet and pleasant.
    “Just a couple of shy students I paired up, Katrina and Salvia.” Mr. Cason sounded quite pleased with himself, “This is Ms. Minos, she’ll get you all registered and assigned to a dorm, I look forward to see you in class.”
    “But I’m not a stu….dent.” Salvia shouted.
    “Really?” Ms. Minos started to shuffle through some papers, “salvia, salvia… nope no Salvias.”
    “See? I told…” Salvia started to turn away.
    “That’s perfectly alright…. I just need your name…. Salvia right?” Ms. Minos started to fill in a form.
    “Right… “
    “And do you use weapons or magic?”
    “Magic?”
    “What type?”
    “Fire I guess…. HEY WAIT!”
    “AND where are your parents?”
    “Deceased… I was going…”
    “I’m sorry to hear that, but that’s fine… I’ll just put you under school mentorship…” Ms. Minos smiled, “I bet you didn’t think you could sign up, but in these times we offer Mentorship to students who lack parents because of beasts or demons or something else… Anyway here are your dorm assignments. Now run along.”
    “Really I was just…” Salvia felt herself being dragged away by Katrina this time.
    “Come on partner! Let’s see our room,” Katrina said.
    The dorms where not as impressive as the school itself which was full of lecture halls and arenas, there was also a library for mages and special rooms to practice spell casting, but the dorms where just simple rooms with a couple of beds and sets of drawers, a window, and a bathroom with a shower.
    “Home sweet home,” Katrina smiled.
    Salvia walked to the window and looked out, it was a great view of the courtyard which was still bustling with new students, “Damit, all I wanted to do is get to my uncle’s.”
    “You where heading to your Uncle’s?” Katrina sat on the bed and looked over at Salvia.
    “Yeah my dad told me to go to my uncle if anything happened to them and now I’m trapped in a school I don’t want anything to do with!” Salvia looked over at Katrina, then closed her eyes and sat on the other bed.
    “So what happened to your parents if you don’t mind me asking?” Katrina asked.
    “They where sssss… uh… murdered, just a couple…” Salvia caught herself, “Bah! Why am I even telling you this.” Salvia fixed her gaze away from Katrina.
    “Do you know who did it? I bet if you tell some teachers here they’ll find them and… and…” Katrina was stopped by a scowl from Salvia, “I’m sorry, let’s not talk about it anymore.”
    The silence gathered, all that was heard was the faint ticking of the clock.
    “Sooo… you hungry too? They should be serving lunch by now,” Katrina had to break the silence.
    “Food?” Salvia looked surprised.
    “Of course food silly, they need to feed us here you know,” Katrina jumped up and grabbed Salvia’s arm, “I hope they have something good.”
    The cafeteria was crowded, row upon row of tables where filled with all sorts of races. All seemed to be talking about classes, dragon slaying, magic and home towns.
    “So,” began Katrina, “you are a fire mage?”
    “I guess, I never thought of myself as a mage…” Salvia answered being a little more concerned with the brown substance that they gave her as they walked to find a seat.
    “That’s awesome; I’m a water mage… of course most of my people are… These seats taken?” Katrina asked a male kandi and his human partner.
    “No, not at all,” the kandi said.
    “Unless you two lovely ladies take them…” his human partner replied.
    Salvia rolled her eyes and sat down with Katrina.
    “His name is Kale, I’m known as Archer,” Archer continued.
    “Now you KNOW your name is Milton…” Kale announced.
    “They didn’t know that…” Milton grumbled.
    For a second Salvia looked amused and then went back to poking at the brown stuff.
    “That’s okay we can still call you Archer if you want, by the way… I’m Katrina and this is Salvia,” Katrina answered.
    “You’re a Ceattee aren’t you,” Kale observed, “let me guess… water mage?”
    “Yes, how did you know Kale,” Katrina smiled.
    Salvia rolled her eyes, “You just got done telling me that water mages are common for your race, it was a logical guess.”
    “You’re no fun,” Kale smiled at Salvia.
    “Oh don’t be too hard on her, she just had her parents mur…” Katrina stopped herself and looked repentfully at Salvia, “oops I wasn’t suppose to bring that up again…”
    Salvia scowled back.
    “Murdered? Well that is an injustice! We’ll help bring those murderers to justice…” Archer announced standing up turning a few heads.
    “Archer? I think Salvia would like to keep that quite for now,” Kale said quietly yanking Archer back down to his seat, “besides if the murders would find out we where after them, they’d be even harder to find.” Kale smiled and nodded at Salvia, Salvia scowled but then gave up a sigh.
    “Well, changing the subject, what are you two going to be…” Salvia asked.
    “Well I’m an archer,” said Archer.
    “I would’ve never guessed THAT,” Salvia said with some sarcasm.
    Kale laughed, “I’m going to be one of the greatest dragon slayers of all.”
    Salvia cringed.
    “You are a Kandi right?” asked Katrina concerned.
    “Yeah, so?” Kale answered, “My uncle is going to make a special shield that will protect me from flames,” he nodded proudly.
    “What kind of shield?” Katrina sounded intrigued.
    “Just an ice rock shield, me and Archer are going to look for ice rock when we go on a field trip to the tundra desert.” Kale said.
    “But that’s a senior trip,” Archer said.
    “Anyway, Salvia, what are you?” Kale asked.
    “Errr… Fire mage I guess…” Salvia answered.
    “Wow, fire and water, you two will have each other’s backs,” Archer stated.
    “We sure will,” Katrina said, “Right Salvia?
    “I’m not making any promises…” Salvia stated, “Well we should be going… we are both “mages” so we should go get our spell books, right Katrina?”
    “Oh yes I forgot! See you later,” Katrina smiled, “Oh it is a good thing you reminded me I would’ve gone to class tomorrow without a spell book. Oh also you need to see Ms. Minos again.”
    “What for?”
    “Your schedule silly,” Katrina answered.
    “I don’t need one.”
    “Huh?”
    “I don’t plan on being around here long, I’m going to my uncle’s and that’s it.”
    “What’s the matter Kale, you haven’t touched the chili since those two girls left?” Archer replied.
    “It’s nothing,” Kale sighed into his chili.
    “It’s not nothing,” Archer replied.
    “I just can’t shake the feeling Salvia is hiding something…”
    “Something good or bad something?”
    “I don’t know yet… it is unclear.”
    “Well let’s keep an eye on her then.”
    “NO, what if it is just emotions… her parents where murdered you know.”
    “Yeah but what if you DO have your father’s ability?”
    “I am starting to regret I even told you about my father.”
    “Okay, but if you’re not going to eat that…”
    “Knock yourself out, it’s too hot anyway…” Kale pushed his bowl of chili over to Archer.

i know this isn't alot to go on but i'm a bit eager to see what people think so far...
    I have no blood, I bleed bright red potentially deadly chemicals...

Keep it going. it is interesting

Comment

Okay next part...

Night fell softly… the sun set out the window was more then spectacular. Katrina looked from her bed over at Salvia, “But why?”
      “Like I said before and this is the last time…. I don’t belong here,” Salvia was getting frustrated; Katrina was on her all day.
      “How do you know if you don’t try it,” Katrina said, “Come on, don’t try to go now! We just met and I like you… what if they give me another…”
      “Like you said, ‘we just met’, you don’t know if you like me yet.”
      “Isn’t that for me to decide, come on Salvia stay you might like it here…”
      “I knew it was a mistake telling you I was leaving!”
      “Well then don’t leave.”
      “Why don’t you want me to leave?”
      “Because we’re friends.”
      “We haven’t even known each other for a day yet?”
      “Well yeah but your nice, I can tell. Just stay a week and if you still want to go I won’t say anything…”
      “No.”
      “But? What if something attacks you?”
      “Attacks me?”
      “What if you get attacked by a demon or beast or worse yet dragon… you know the teachers here are great warriors sworn to protect the school and us.”
      “Huh?” Salvia looked out the window; sure enough there was a group of teachers splitting up to guard the school from any attack.
      “That is the whole reason I’m here, my parents were worried because beasts keep attacking our clan’s oasis so they sent me here for protection till I can defend myself.”
      “Fine I’ll stay for a week, but after that I’m leaving,” Salvia huffed and flopped down on the bed knocking her skull against the beginner’s fire mage book she picked up earlier. Neatly folded inside was her schedule. She opened it and read, “Intro to Dragons, Beasts, and Demons… hmm this ought to be a “fun” week…”
      The sun seemed to rise early, Salvia hid under the covers of the bed from the sun light but she couldn’t hide from Katrina.
      “Time to wake up sleepy head!” Katrina’s voice boomed with excitement, “Today is the start of classes!”
      *Yawn* Salvia was definably not motivated, “Why so early?”
      “You want breakfast before class, don’t ya?” Katrina smiled as she walked out the door, “See you at breakfast!”
      “So it wasn’t just a bad dream…” Salvia said to herself.
      The breakfast hall was packed, you could see groups starting to form. Once again everyone was talking about their classes for today. Salvia once again was poking at the food on her tray wondering what it was.
      “Salvia!” Katrina stood up and waved her hands, “Over here!”
      Salvia looked up and sighed, she was too tired still to argue.
      “Salvia you remember Archer and Kale?” Katrina pointed to them right across the table.
      “Unfortunately,” Salvia grumbled.
      “So what’s your first class?” Kale asked.
      “Intro to Dragons, Beasts and Demons,” Salvia said non to excited.
      “Cool, us too,” Archer said.
      “We better hurry, class will begin shortly,” Katrina added and started shoveling food in her mouth.
      The lecture hall was very impressive, row after row of seating around a large stage with a simple chalk board set up.
      An old battle beaten centaur walked on the stage, his hair was grey and his coat was aged chestnut. He was still in impressive shape for his age but his age still showed. He took out a pair of reading glasses out of his harness’ pocket.
      “Class, students… Welcome to Hero’s Academy.” his voice sounded wise, “I am your Professor Dr. Sayor… the fifth… Today we will learn the basics about Dragons, Beasts, and Demons…”
      The class was long and boring, nothing much was discussed afterwards on the exception that all Kale could really slay are beasts due to his races vulnerability to fire.
      “Don’t be too disappointed man,” Archer said to Kale, “Dr. Whatshisname doesn’t know about you.”
      “I’m not, once I get that ice shield we’ll see who is the best slayer of all!” Kale grumbled.
      “Hey Kale, Archer, hurry up!” Katrina waved at them down the hall with Salvia by her side, “Hurry!”
      “What’s the big hurry, this was our only class for today?” Kale replied.
      “Ms. Minos is holding a field trip to Parnafa valley, it is suppose to be for more experienced students and teachers but there is room for us on the bus!” Katrina said.
      “Ms. Minos wants me to go since I’m a ward of the school,” Salvia actually sounded enthused for once, “She said it would get me a leg up in my herb mediations course I have tomorrow.”
      “Cool, and hey I heard Parnafa is a hot spot for dragons!” Archer added.
      “What are we waiting for?!” Exclaimed Kale.
      “Actually something has caused the dragons to leave the valley, that’s why THEY are investigating it… we are to stick to identifying plants.” Salvia nodded.
      “So are you four ready to go? Mr. Gliart wants some samples of Kith Fruit,” Ms. Minos clacked up behind them, “He’s a tough one to impress, but I’m sure getting him things to study will make him easier on you new students.”
      “Yes Ms. Minos,” Katrina said.
      “Oh and just to remind you four to behave yourselves, the other students are on an important mission investigation so stick to the plants, otherwise with the dragons gone it should be perfectly safe,” Ms. Minos added.
      The bus was crowded with older students, some already having battle gear, others with spell books. From centaurs to gnolls to humans to ceattee it seemed all races where represented in the small space. No one seemed to mind the new students taking their seat in the back of the bus.
      “Please everyone take your seats if you’re a centaur, brace yourselves,” Ms. Minos called out, “We’ll be taking off shortly… This is strictly an investigation mission, so I don’t want anyone drawing weapons or casting aggressive spells unless necessary.”
      “I don’t trust the pilot.” Kale whispered to Archer.
      The pilot was a gruff looking brown gnoll with a scar across his forehead.
      “Should we warn Ms. Minos?” Archer whispered back
      “No it’s probably just me,” Kale replied, “Like with Salvia… I still feel mistrust around her but she hasn’t done anything to deserve it.”
      “Yet,” Archer added.
      “You two DO know I can hear you?” Salvia stated from across the aisle.
      “How much did you hear?” Kale sighed.
      “Enough,” Salvia stated.
      “Please don’t tell anyone, my father was said to have the same ability and someone killed him because of it,” Kale pleaded in a whisper.
      Katrina remained looking out the window unaware of anything.
      “Listen, I don’t care if you trust me or not,” Salvia scowled, “I don’t trust anyone here.”
      “Then why are you going?” Archer asked.
      “My business is my own. Ofth,” Salvia got thrown back and knocked her head just as the bus took off.
      “She so deserved that,” Archer chuckled to Kale.

Comment

The trip wasn’t long, they soon landed in a clearing in Parnafa Valley. All the students rushed to get off but the front students made it difficult. Salvia couldn’t wait to get off… she clawed and pushed to the front like a trapped rat would. Katrina followed with “pardon me” “excuse us”. Kale and Archer just followed till they got caught up with Salvia who now had a dropped jaw looking out over the valley. What once was green and lush with kith fruit was now chard and burnt. Only skeletons of trees remained… it was like death had overcome the valley.
        Ms. Minos was in shock, something obviously happened, “Okay I want everyone back here in one hour… keep an eye on the sky though… if you see a warning flare head back to the bus immediately.”
        Salvia looked like she was almost in tears, “Wha… What happened?”
        Katrina said, “I don’t know.”
        “This is terrible I use to play here when I was younger!” Salvia said.
        “Weren’t you afraid of the dragons?” Kale said in shock.
        “Not all dragons and mean,” Salvia said spitefully.
        “Well we better look and see if there is any area untouched so we can get that Kith fruit.” Kale said
        “Yeah we only have an hour,” Archer mentioned.
        They spent a good 30 minutes wandering through the tree skeletons. Everything looked torched, with no reasoning behind it. Salvia kicked up ash trying to see any signs of green life, but everything was black and sooty. Archer leaned up against a tree for a break only to have it crumble into ash on him.
        “I don’t think we are going to find anything living around here.” Katrina said tiredly.
        “I think your right,” Salvia said, “Odd thing is… wait do you hear that?”
        “Hear what?” Archer asked.
        “Quite… listen…” Kale nodded, he heard something too.
        A soft clacking could be heard in the distance.
        “I think it is time to go back to the bus…” Kale stated.
        “I have to agree with you,” Salvia said starting off in the buses direction.
        The crackling got closer until it was on top of them.
        “Run!” Katrina shouted.
        A huge dragon skull, bleach white, came roaring through the trees. It was a bone dragon. Salvia stopped and turned, flames erupted from her hands forming a wall of fire. The bone dragon just busted through the flames like it was nothing. Kale turned realizing Salvia wasn’t with them, quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the way of the bone shattering jaws just in time.
        Ms. Minos was watching for them and flagged them into a cave, the bus was gone. As soon as they got into the cave, Ms. Minos sealed the entranced with a force field. A loud crash was heard as the bone dragon hit the force field.
        “Didn’t you see the flare?” Ms. Minos asked. All the other students were standing in the back of the cave.
        “Never mind, we have a bigger problem now… the bus driver took off and we have a bone dragon waiting to kill us.” Ms Minos said concerned, “I should’ve never invited you freshmen along… I’m sorry.”
        “Well we know why the dragons disappeared,” Archer stated.
        “We can’t just sit here and do nothing,” Kale added.
        “I’m scared, “Katrina said.
        Salvia just closed her eyes.
        “Anything we do would be suicide,” said one of the seniors, “if we could get the bus running we could out run that thing but we would need the install a crystal for power and Ms. Minos would have to drive. Which means the force field would have to go down.”
        “And the bone dragon will eat us before we get the bus running.” Added another.
        “But what happens when Ms. Minos runs out of power?” Katrina asked.
        “Hopefully he can’t reach the back of the cave,” Sighed Ms. Minos
        There was a looming sigh amonsted everyone before it fell silent. All that could be heard was a faint dripping of water in the way back of the cave and the pounding of the bone dragon against the force field.
        “I bet that skull would shatter if we got a blade in one of those cracks.” Archer said breaking the silence.
        “Archer, there is no telling how much force we would need to split the skull…” Kale Stated
        “And plus getting that close? It would be the death of whoever was that foolish,“ Added one of the seniors sharpening his sword.
        Salvia suddenly opened her eyes, “I think you on the right track Archer.”
        “I am?”
        “Yes, when I was little my father always told me to keep away from loose rocks on the spring…”
        “Yeah but what does it have to do with sticking a sword in the skull of a bone dragon.” Said one of the seniors.
        “Simple, water… particularly ice.” Salvia continued
        “Okay, what about ice?” one of the seniors stood up interested.
        “If we blast ice into the cracks in the bones…. Then super heat it with fire….”
        “Then the bone dragon would fall apart,” Ms. Minos smiled.
        “Then we’ll have time to get to the bus… jump it… and take off,” Kale said.
        “But the bus driver is gone” sighed Katrina sighed.
        “No worries I can drive and charge the energy gem.” Ms. Minos said.
        “No!” a group of seniors said, “We might need a force field for the bus, we specialized in energy so we can charge the bus…. And David here knows a bit about driving.” They shoved a skinny fawn to the front of the group.
        “Fine!” said a snow white gnoll, “Let’s get this done!” He and other two other ice mages, started murmuring softly. “Drop the shield now!” the white gnoll shouted.
        The shield dropped… the bone dragon lunged… the group of ice mages blasted the bone dragon’s mouth full of ice. The bone dragon backed up, getting covered in ice.
        “Fire mages start casting now!” A fire fairy shouted as she sent out a blast of fire.
        Salvia grinned as fire sparked in her eyes watching the bones of the Bone dragon crack and pop…. She suddenly let loose a scream and fire erupted from her hands. Salvia stopped just as the bones began to shatter.
        “Run!” Ms. Minos yelled and everyone took off toward the bus…. Salvia just stood there staring at the shattered bones. Kale grabbed Salvia by the shoulder but was burned and had to let go right away…. Archer saw this and grabbed both Salvia and Kale by the arm and dragged them onto the bus. The energy mages just finished charging the bus when the bones began to come together again. Ms. Minos dropped the cover shield and got into the bus and shut the door.
        “Go, Go, Go…” every one repeated as David stared the bus… it was a jerky take off… till Ms. Minos took the wheel and slammed on the accelerator just as a half shattered and burnt bone dragon lunged for the bus. The bus hit several trees before it leveled off a safe distance away from the screeching blackened bone dragon.

Comment

More please sir.

Comment

OMG!!! that was a really close escape.
            please keep writing XD
            All shall love me and despair!!!!

Comment

“Well that was fun,” Archer smirked.
              “No it wasn’t “fun”,” Salvia corrected.
              “It was scary…” Katrina stated.
              “Well it is over now,” Kale said.
              “No,” Salvia stated quietly, “It has only begun.”
              Kale looked over at Salvia, “I think your right, Salvia, It has just begun.”
              Meanwhile back at the Academy a Satyr paced in the hall, “Missing students, missing students… what will happen to our reputation if we can’t protect students…” he mumbled.
              “Relax Professor Hailbur,“ Mr. Carson told the mumbling satyr, “Ms. Minos knows how to handle things… Just because we discovered… well… I probably shouldn’t bring it up.”
              “Are you saying we just found evidence that the bus drivers, Helix , Deadeye, and Jack had been turned into re-animates after they took off for the field trips, and that doesn’t disturb you?” rebuked Hailbur.
              “Yes! It disturbs me! Okay, I’m just hoping that one of those buses come in… this is the worst disaster that has plagued this school yet!” Mr. Carson yelled back then caught himself, “We can only hope for the best.”
              Hailbur nodded and looked up… three air buses where on the horizon…. Hailbur started to dance, grabbed Mr. Carson and pointed up to the air buses.
              The first air bus to land was the one Salvia and the others where on… the experienced Students paraded out of the bus exclaiming that they all slain a deadly bone dragon. Salvia just rolled her eyes, Archer joined in the crowd, Katrina was still shivering with fear, Kale just didn’t feel right. The next bus opened and the students came running out screaming the driver was dead and tried to kill them, they had subdued him though. Every one starred a minute at the last bus. Mr. Carson had to go knock on the door…
              “NO! Don’t open that door!” Kale screamed, he had a morbid feeling about the bus.
              Mr. Carson turned… just as the door opened and a skull fell out. Mr. Carson looked at the skull, “Not a funny prank,” He said as he boarded the bus.
              A growling came from back of the bus, glowing red eye peered at Mr. Carson.
              Mr. Carson leaped out of the bus and closed the door just as something large hit it.
              “Wrog, Hailbur play a sleep song or something,” Mr. Carson panicked.
              “I have something better…” he took out a small silver pouch, reached in and pulled out a pinch of sand, “okay open the door.” Hailbur got ready outside the door with the sand.
              Mr. Carson let the door open. Out jumped a white wrog growling and teeth bared, Halibur throw the pinch of sand in its eyes. The wrog lunged and grabbed Hailbur’s arm, but before it could sink its teeth in it became drowsy and soon fell asleep.
              “It must’ve came in search of an easy meal and hit auto drive by mistake,” Ms. Minos commented, “we should take it back and send a search party for the students in the Blue Fang Mountains.”
              “Okay everyone, nothing to see here… all of you go back to you rooms,” Mr. Carson rubbed his eyes, he had a lot of work to do.

Comment

*Yea! No more writer's block! so let us continue!*

Salvia looked sadly at the wrog before being dragged off by Katrina.

"Yawn, what an exciting day," Archer said, "I don't know if i want a nap or go to the archery range... your thoughts?"
                "Hmm?" Kale replied.
                "you want to head to the archery range or take a nap?"
                "hmm?"
                "Are you listening?" Archer smacked Kale in the head lightly.
                "Huh? What?!"
                "Practice or nap!" Archer said one more time.
                "Practice, I guess..." Kale said rubbing his head.
                "What's the problem this time? we got out alive..." Archer said.
                "Someone had to be controlling that bone dragon..." Kale looked serious.
                "Yeah and we kicked it's boney butt!"
                "Archer, we didn't kick it's butt, we barely escaped... and it means someone is trying to kill off young heros... that would be us and don't you think it is funny that the bus driver disappeared?"
                "You have a point. You think it is Salvia?"
                "No... yes... maybe..." Kale was confused, "I just know who ever it is has someone on the inside."
                "But Salvia helped everyone get out safely," Archer said as he picked up a practice quiver and bow, " then again she kept standing in front of that thing like it wasn't going to eat her..."
                "True," Kale looked down at his hand,"but if she has a bit of necro in her you'd never know with how she uses fire."
                "Maybe she isn't controlling it, just friends with whomever is?" Archer let an arrow loose at a still target... bull's eye, "i can't wait to be a sophomore, so i get access to moving targets..."
                "Maybe, but let's get evidence before we accuse her..." Kale's closed his hand and watched Archer hit the mark again and again.

Comment

The next day came... everyone on the field trips slept in if they could. The bus with the wrog on it meant students where still missing or dead... the leaders at H.A. had already sent out word to many warriors who graduated that they needed help finding students in the Blue Fang Mountains or at lest recover bodies. Many had already replied their teams are a go for this mission and were on the way.

Salvia yawned as light steamed in the window, it was nice not being woke up at dawn even if she missed breakfast. Katrina was reading a book in bed.
                  "I thought i'd have to wake you up again!" she smiled," lunch is in about 30 minutes."
                  Salvia grumbled, and got up.
                  "You really should where pajamas... it is much more comfortable then day clothes." Katrina nodded.
                  Salvia thought a bit, "I must have been too tired to change."
                  "Yeah, you slept pretty sound, I, myself, couldn't get to sleep at all till midnight," Katrina shuttered, "and then i had nightmares..."
                  "What I don't get... is why i couldn't find a necro nearby," Salvia mumbled.
                  "Why would you need to see a necro?" Katrina asked.
                  "Just would make since... unless... well... that would give me nightmares too..."
                  "But why would you want to find a necro?"
                  "To burn off his tiny head... why else?"
                  "Oh you mean you kill the necro, you stop the bone dragon he had raised!"
                  "Exactly, unless... well... it was raised by several necros," Salvia said grimly.
                  Katrina was silent for once... suddenly she realized what Salvia meant. "You... you mean?"
                  "I don't know yet, so don't worry yourself sick just yet."
                  Salvia turned to the door,"I'm going..."
                  Katrina suddenly jumped at Salvia and held her tight, "PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE don't leave! Your my friend! don't go! I don't want you to get hurt!"
                  "I was heading to the cafeteria... I said i'd give this place a week... it is only day three..." Salvia looked angry.

Comment

The cafeteria was packed when Salvia and Katrina got there. Chicken was on the menu. Over the people could be heard an announcement about a welcoming dance for the freshmen, and a welcome back dance for everyone else. It was advised that all freshmen attend the welcoming dance to get an idea or register a team early on... it went on to explain that if you do not register a team or have an idea of who you and your partner want to team with... you'd be assigned one that most suits the classes of you and your partner. You need a team by the end of the second week when missions start.

"What's that all about?" Salvia looked up at the magic gem that was broadcasting the message.
                    "You need a team of four or five by the end of the second week so you can do basic missions... or at lest start them." Katrina replied looking for a seat, "Oh there!"
                    Salvia sat down, then looked up seeing Kale and Archer, "You again?!"
                    "Funny how we always end up across from you two" Katrina smiled.
                    Archer and Kale seemed stare at Salvia this time.
                    "Okay.... what." Salvia said bluntly.
                    "Well... um...?" Kale was searching for the right words.
                    "Your working for a necro arn't you!" Archer said quickly.
                    "What in the world are you talking about!" Salvia said insulted.
                    "What makes you think that?" Katrina asked.
                    "Well, Salvia acts like she hate everyone, and she was standing still in front of the bone dragon... and ...and"
                    "And I tried to slow it down, and I was looking for the necro..." Salvia rebutaled.
                    "HA! see you where looking for you necro freind!" Archer said.
                    "Archer..." Kale said helplessly, "It isn't a sure thing but it does sound strange she is looking for a necro..."
                    "Kat, you take this, i don't like repeating myself." Salvia said.
                    "Okay... i know, you where going to "burn his tiny head off" because no necro means the bone dragon wouldn't reanimate." Katrina smiled.
                    "Errr." Archer was a bit embarrassed.
                    "Oh, Salvia, me and Archer are sorry, we just thought... well it is my fault really, i put the idea in his head." Kale looked down.
                    "Salvia? how do you know all this about necro anyway?" Katrina asked.
                    Salvia sighed, "My mother had fought necros before... and she taught me what to look for and do."
                    "Really?" Kale said, he and Archer did notice this was the first time Salvia was actually talking to them.
                    "That would be very useful," whispered Archer to Kale.
                    "You just want a couple of cute girls to do missions with." Kale whispered back.
                    "Like you don't?" Archer whispered.
                    "You do know my hearing is rather refined too?" Salvia smirked.
                    "She can heard every word we said... didn't she?" Archer blushing red.
                    "Yep..." Kale answered. "So anyway you two want to go to the dance with us and make a team?"
                    "OH! YES! of course!" Katrina said, "right Salvia?"
                    "I guess I have to?" Salvia said
                    "Agree right?" Archer asked.
                    "No... I have no choice..." Salvia stated as she started back to the next class.
                    "Salvia wait! can we practice spell after class?" Katrina asked.
                    "Don't see why not?" Salvia answered.
                    "See you guys later!" Katrina smiled.
                    "So you sure Salvia isn't a ally of the necros?" Archer asked Kale as Kale took a bite of chicken.

Comment

Gliart entered the room as Salvia finally found her seat next to Katrina. Gliart was a gnoll, brown with white markings, pointy ears and half a tail... his desire for kith fruit was soon revealed... an albino drake followed him and made itself comfy on a perch made for it.
                      "Hello my class, and welcome to herboligy, if you noticed i have a friend... his name is Kilo and he is a DRAKE not a dragon..." Gliart pointed to the white drake.
                      "Aren't drakes dragon kin?" asked a young centaur.
                      "Yes, but there are differences. such as drakes remain small, can not change size, breath fire or use spells like a dragon can, they also speak a veneration of dragon speak and though he can understand what i'm saying he can not vocalize it. Anyway H.A. has many drakes with handlers that you can use to contact your families if you desire. if there are no further questions lets move on to herbs and potions."
                      Gliart used Kilo to find people to answer questions, however Kilo kept flying to Salvia all through class. She knew most answers though or better one.
                      As Salvia left Gliart stopped her.
                      "I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into Kilo... he is usually random." Gliart said.
                      "Salvia smiled back, "I guess he sensed I understood drake, and the other dragon languages. He talks about you a lot."
                      "You know drake? How?" Gilart had a fascinated look on his face, "perhaps you can translate for me one day?"
                      "I'd be happy to... but right now i need to meet someone in the mage arena and library." Salvia glanced away to see Katrina waiting up for her.

Comment

Katrina and Salvia just finished setting up an ice vunerable target in the magic arena... it had been made to resist most magic and magic debris.
                        "Okay target set.... i think..." Salvia said, she was a little eager to see how strong Katrina was.
                        Katrina began casting, little ice pellets formed but as soon as she released them the melted into water and sprinkled the target, "Darn"
                        This happened about five time before Katrina turned to Salvia, "I can't do it, it is too hard, do you know what i'm doing wrong?"
                        Salvia had her head in her hands a bit disappointed by the performance, "I don't do water magic but if I had a guess... your trying too hard." she mumbled.
                        "No, i'm just weak. You see i had a twin brother, he was already starting to get his abilitys before the Beast took him." Katrina sighed.
                        "Beast?" Salvia looked up.
                        "Yes you see my kind always has twins... it use to be the twins grew up together and shared power, but then the beast came and started eating one from each pair of twins... it normally eats the weakest but then well... for me and my brother it took the strongest..." Katrina looked unusually down, "I should've been..."
                        "WAIT! Don't EVEN go there, your stronger then you think... stop trying to live up to your brother and live up to yourself. Like my mother told me... each being is strong in thier own way... never underestimate anyone.... a my father said life is something you never take or give back..." Salvia said with a fire about her, "now try again... this time relax."
                        Clapping came from behind them in the seats.
                        Katrina looked up, Salvia turned.
                        "Miss Minos?" Salvia looked surprised.
                        "I loved your pep talk Salvia." Miss Minos smiled, "No offence, but with how cold you can be, it was unexpected and a lovely surprise." Miss Minos turned to Katrina " I also think she hit the nail on the head, don't you Katrina?"
                        "Maybe?" Kat said hesitantly and went for another try, she took a deep breath and stared at the target before casting... this time she actually managed shards that hit and stuck to the target before melting.
                        Miss. Minos smiled "see that was very good for a start, you have better aim then most beginners do too."
                        "Salvia? how about you try?" Katrina said.
                        "Great idea, I would like to see your fire power without having a bone dragon breathing down our necks." Miss Minos said eagerly.
                        "I guess i could," Salvia was really unsure of herself but lined up the target anyway.
                        Salvia looked like she was really concentrating, then let loose a shout as fire erupted from her hands, turning the fire target to ash and singeing the wall on the opposite side. The water gems on the ceiling activated putting out anything still smoldering and turning to steam as it hit Salvia's skin.
                        "Wow..." Katrina was lost for words.
                        Miss. Minos looked excited and shocked, "That... That... we need to put you in an advanced control class... don't we?" She smiled as she quickly trotted to the door.
                        "Wow..." Katrina said.
                        Salvia sighed heading to the supply room, "Here I'll get a new target for you..."

Comment

The night was silent, and after a long day of Salvia tutoring Kat, Katrina was sound asleep. Katrina had diffidently made headway. Now she was able to impale targets with a spear of ice... not the strongest ice magic but much better then pellets that disappeared before hitting a target.
                          Salvia however couldn't sleep this time, she was disturbed by how easily her flame got out of control. She looked out the window... It was not a week yet... but she was getting in too deep. Salvia took one last look at Katrina who she started calling Kat for short, shook her head saying in a whisper, "I can't get attached now." sighed one more time and jumped out the window landing perfectly in the courtyard below. She looked up at the window and said silently, "I hate going back on my word but please understand... i need to go..." and she walked off silently in the night.

Comment

Salvia had gotten to the gate when she heard hoof beats.
                            "Halt! who goes there!?" a voice boomed.
                            Salvia stopped, a centaur guard had seen her, "Salvia," she shouted back.
                            "Salvia? What in the world are you doing out here at night?" the centaur came into the light, It was Mr. Cason holding a sword.
                            Salvia looked down... "Just walking I guess"
                            "You don't have to lie Salvia." he said gruffly.
                            "If you need the truth I was going to my uncle's, like I was trying to before you forcibly enrolled me in this school!" she replied.
                            "I... see." Mr. Cason nodded, "Salvia, get on my back... we need to talk..."
                            "I have feet."
                            "Fine I'll walk slow then."
                            The H.A. woods where very calm... the night flowers where in bloom and sparkled silver in the moon light.
                            "I knew you where passing through..." Cason started, "but i also knew a human shouldn't be traveling alone around here. I know now, from what Miss. Minos said, you can handle yourself."
                            "So why are you stopping me?"
                            "You remember your run in with that bone dragon?"
                            "Yea, by the way, there was no necro near by..."
                            Mr. Cason looked pleasently surprised,"NOW that is WHY we can't let you leave by yourself..."
                            "What because it is too dangerous now or you just need someone strong?"
                            "Both actully, but your uncle... he is probably worried..."
                            "Yeah, that's why I need to leave."
                            "But what about your freinds?"
                            "..."
                            "Kat, and Kale and Milton."
                            "Milton wants to be known as Archer..." Salvia grumbled
                            "Well then Archer," Mr Cason, "Though you act like you don't care about them... I belive you do, or else you wouldn't care about what i call Archer, you wouldn't also tutor Kat all afternoon either."
                            "..." Salvia lifted her head.
                            "Anyway have you talked to Gilart about writing your uncle?"
                            "..."
                            "What's happened, you lo..."
                            "SHHH! We just walked unaware into a trap... that's what happened!" Salvia whispered as she pulled Mr. Cason out of the way of a rotting arrow.
                            Soon a skeleton appeared in the underbrush, Mr. Cason was about to charge when a rotten wolf jumped him from the side. Salvia grabbed for the rotten scuff only to get a rotten peice of flesh and fur. Mr.Cason reared up knocking the diseased wolf off of him. Salvia sent a fire blast at the wolf... a rotten arrow burned to ash before it hit her. Mr. Cason charged... the skeleton's skull shattered as he hit it with one swing of a sword. All was silent for a moment before Salvia darted into the underbrush. A moment later Salvia emerged with a robed figure now kicking and screaming out of the brush.
                            "LET ME GO! letmego! I wasn't trying to kill you! honest!," the figure screamed.
                            "H.A. does not support dark classes, what are you doing on Academy property?" Mr. Cason demanded in a slightly more scary voice as he pulled off his hood.
                            It was a young human, panicked and scared."Hiding, i swear. I just needed the old skeleton and rot wolf till i got to a safe town."
                            "Well look at it this way, you'll be nice and safe in a holding cell till we get Sagittarius to see if your telling the truth!" Mr. Cason shouted.
                            "Hasn't Sagittarius been dead for at lest a hundred years?" Salvia asked.
                            "He has, but his decedents can channel his spirit, like Miss. Minos" Mr.Cason held the necro tight, "We better go and put this one in a holding cell."

Comment

Salvia reluctantly returned to help put the necro in a holding cell. The necro didn't fight much while being somewhat tossed in, he just regained his bearings and then flopped down on the cot seemingly a bit relived, "I have nothing to hide, you'll see..." as he yawned and went to sleep.
                              "You can pull some strange things out of the woods sometimes... that necro is definitely one of them Salvia," Mr. Cason chuckled, "Now we can talk in my office."
                              The office looked more like a fancy stable, but Mr. Cason was a centaur. In front of something like an opened stall was his desk full of papers and documents, one strange ordamented book caught Salvia's eyes as Mr. Cason reached for it to put away.
                              "Well Salvia, you know we can't keep you here if you want to go home to your uncle, if so we'll set up a party to escort you to where he lives... but of coarse we'd want you to stay here but we can't force you, do you have a decision?"
                              "URG! my skull hurts now..."
                              "I really didn't mean to make you confused."
                              "I know you didn't, just well, urrrrgg! That necro... if we found him on the school property... the wrog bus... the missing drivers... the bone dragon with no necro in site... Why am i worrying so much about them?"
                              "I assure you Salvia, Hero Academy is a very safe place..."
                              "NO... You're the one who is lying now! I was honest with you... be honest with me...H.A., your school... it has been breached hasn't it?" Salvia was acting erratic
                              "Salvia, first calm down..." Mr. Cason said, "second..." he paused, "well your right." Mr. Cason looked down, "the drivers that had controll of the air buses, we found out... well it wasn't pretty... they had been murdered then reanimated right away so no one could tell... at lest until the buses where gone and the janitors went to clean there offices, we don't want to raise suspicion among students, that is why you have to stay quite."
                              Salvia listened the memory of her father's words echoed though her mind,"If you are the hunter... hunt...if you are the prey... fight back... and if you are a real hero... Save..." Salvia's head cleared... it made since now... she HAD to STAY.
                              "This is going to be a first..." Salvia mumbled.
                              "What did you say?" Mr. Cason asked.
                              "I'll stay, but i need to contact my uncle first?" Salvia replied quickly.

*edit* *author notes* this is a happy little note to readers... this story is in the rough... so feel free to jump in and comment anytime about how the story is going or if you have questions about what is going on... i'll either try to clear things up or tell you you have to wait till it is revealed... of course I also like being egged on.... or forget the eggs and tell me if it is good or bad so far =P*

Comment

Working...
                              X