Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You got nakie in my technology. (6/24)

You got nakie in my technology. (6/24)

"This is a pivotal moment that will carry with it a wave of change, the ripples of which will reach far beyond video games" is what Steven Spielberg said about Microsoft's new non-controller-controller technology. And onyxfire813 said, "Dude, people do stupid sh*t".

Okay onyxfire813 doesn't exist but you know someone said it. So when you add those two ideas together, you get the basis of Stormy's most recent guest strip submission. Here's what she had to say about it:
    Here's another guest strip for you; one that's been kicking around in my head ever since E3. Hopefully it's cropped tastefully enough that it doesn't trip "NSFW" sensors for anyone. As for an explanation... well lets just say that I hope Microsoft has some checks and balances in place for the more "colorful" of scans created with Natal.

-Stormhaven

For the three of you that haven't heard about Project Natal, Microsoft is employing a new camera/sensor technology to bring controller free gaming to people's living rooms. Combining an RGB camera, a depth sensor, a miltu-array microphone, and a custom processor running proprietary software the Project Natal sensor follows your body movements and voice commands to control games, navigate menus, etc. You can even use the system to scan in personal items for inclusion in games.

So where I'm not sure if people will be able to scan in their naked bodies (the full body scan mentioned in most articles about the system refers to the full, 3D body scan that graphs 48 joints in your body so that Natal can track your movements), I am relatively certain people will find ways of "abusing" the technology. It's gonna be awesome.

Fwang
    198 "
    Would this make Penny-Arcade's TTP (time to penis) for the Natal = 0?

And considering I will be in a house share in a couple of months I can't see even scanning a "nakie" skin or having to explain to my housemates why its there.
    Gimpy warrior in EQ and WOW

I'm not currently able to discern what your question means. Can you [source] it?

wow all the pervert ideas that are going through my head ... hey ma i got a built in joystick ! XD *cough* sorry anyway >.>

i think this kind of technology is creative but at the same time sorta lame

Funny, people said that about the Wii as well. And look ow miserably THAT failed. **grins**

SNL just did a skit with the wii... and boy was it funny. They were joking Wario Shake it and the wii... Alec Baldwin was in it... can find it on hulu.

/raises hand I guess I was one of those three =) Anyway cool comic. I think this tech sounds pretty awesome. I was skeptical about the wii, but now I own one so that just shows, you have to keep an open mind. Though I do expect some obscene gamer avatars to crop up haha.

oh yeah the wii is fun , but how microsoft is executing this i feel is a little bit a money grab but when is Microsoft not trying to grab money ? :P

and i like playing the wii i just think they could have come up with a better name then wii.. *resists urge* you have no idea how hard it is >.<

So... if I understand what this entails, every system using this tech will essentially have a full motion video camera running live 24/7 in their game room?

My... what hacking opportunities that presents!

If they are smart they will use software that detects fleshtones and how much is displayed along all those 40 something joints. Meaning someone will paint themselves blue instead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast