Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Politics (6/28)

Hehehe, politics. I like to feed people false information just to see how they respond.

Belief polarization, confirmation bias, belief divergence, etc... human flaws or opportunities for a good laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by midmagic View Post
    human flaws or opportunities for a good laugh?
    An opportunity for a good laugh. Any other result ends in tears. Pardon me, I need more tissues...

Politics and religion, I TRIED to think of a third topic that could cause an equal level of problems on any message board forum, but im coming up blank, because most of the other tricky topics tend to drift into those two anyways. Definitely a good call to keep both off of here.

Fwang
    1,888 "
    Looking at everyone's Fwang, it appears that there are only a couple of people on here that remember the grand experiment that was the Politics forum on this board. Didn't end well.
    Never rush a miracle worker. You get rotten miracles.

Politics and Religion are things that are best left to a discussion between people that know each other well for you can have a better understanding of the reaction you are going to get and my personal policy is similar to yours.

Fwang
    23 "
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    My apologies for this being so late. Internet connection died on mewhile I was typing the writeup. I apologize for any typos as well; all of this text was entered via my Kindle Fire (and the keyboard SUCKS).
    Although your audience can get antsy waiting for the next dose of funny, I think we all understand some things are just beyond your control.

As for the Kindle keyboard, you give the Nexus 7 a look yet? Can't wait to ditch my iPad and get my grubby little paws on that little beast!

I'm just shocked. Ted eating a salad?

Not sure why I'm shocked. I just see Ted as eating nothing but microwaveabel food, and snacks. Maybe he's worried about his weight? Cosplayers of his calibur often do.

I canít help it... I usually donít pay attention to these details but I see you usually include this kind of details intentionally: Ted is eating a salad?? And there is meat in the plate next to him so it's not him being forced... he willingly eats a salad?

I never would have figured him to be a healthy eater. Always imagined him to be the kind of guy that would it Cheetos with Gravy for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Politics and religion, I TRIED to think of a third topic that could cause an equal level of problems on any message board forum, but im coming up blank, because most of the other tricky topics tend to drift into those two anyways. Definitely a good call to keep both off of here.
    Heh, I see you've never stumbled into one of WoW's PvP discussions, or discussions about PUGs (Pick-Up Groups). The amount of bile found in those can rival that of nearly any political discussion.

I don't know in what circumstances religious debate could relate to gaming, but I'm excited for the comic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast