Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendship (10/11)

Friendship (10/11)

When I find a few minutes to play WoW these days, I find myself drawn mostly to the farming mechanics. Which means raising your friendship level with individuals in the zone associated with the farming faction: the Tillers.

You can raise your friendship level in the traditional fashion, but there are also mounds of dark soil which contain gifts that you can give Tillers to improve your friendship, and bringing them food they like works too. It's an interesting dynamic that weave cooking, fishing, farming, and rep grinding together. I dig it. Thus far my best friend is a drunken fish dude that like apples. He didn't give me a yak for my farm, but he tells me which seeds to plant to get the most return for my effort.

Sorry about the lack of shadowing on the comic. I was rushed and have other plans for the evening. I'll post the finished version as soon as it's ready.

UPDATE: Full color version posted.

-----

There are just 31 hours (as of the time of this writing) left in the Quarantine Z Kickstarter. If they hit $23,000 they'll be able to print more decks on thicker card stock. Win and win. Right now they're at $21,000. If you've been thinking about jumping on board, now is your best shot. $5 will get you the print and play version of the game. $15 will get you a physical deck.

Quarantine Z: A Zombie Survival Card Game via Kickstarter.

Fwang
    2,896 "
    HA! I haven't played much with the farming/Tillers stuff yet, but I do know between that and the pet battles.. I don't find myself getting bored at lvl 90 anytime soon. That is, after I level all of my lvl 85 alts to 90 as well. =/
    Hol˙bovine - Tauren ret/prot pally
    Formo - Human Paladin
    Zraxth - Troll fury warrior
    Real ID: tenolein at gmail.com Feel free to add me (and tell me who you are, too).

Fwang
    216 "
    Farm farm farm all day long farm farm farm while i sing this song.

Or at least till i have gotten enough materials to get to 600 in all the cooking groups.
    PROTECT ME CONE!!!

When reading this I kept expecting it to end with "and a partridge in a pear tree". I guess I'm just longing for christmas.

ARGH! The lack of shadowing enrages me! YARGLEGARBLEGRAGLE! Nah, the comic looks pretty good to me, and I like the look on greks face. That image of him holding all that junk reminds me of the feeling I get when im trying to hand in piles of rep items to a guy.

"Here you go lady! 10 plants I dont know what they are! Ok, here are 10 more, ten more, ten more. Ugh, look lady, I have about 500 of them, cant I just give them all at once for a single huge faction jump?"

"Nope, sorry, 10 shall be the number that I accept, no more, no less. 10 shall be the number thou shalt count and the number of the counting shall be 10. 11 shall thou not count, nor shall count thou 9, excepting that thou then proceed to 10. 500 is right out."

Fwang
    58 "
    I'm trying to distribute my time between the Farmwork and the Counddserpent training and there are 9 more Characters to level....
    This will keep me busy for a while I guess.

Traab, if you looked at the comic three hours ago, then the shadowing was in place already. **grins**

Subscriber
    Fwang
    178 "
    Did you shave the Yak?

From the interwebs:

Yak Shaving is the last step of a series of steps that occurs when you find something you need to do. "I want to wax the car today."

"Oops, the hose is still broken from the winter. I'll need to buy a new one at Home Depot."

"But Home Depot is on the other side of the Tappan Zee bridge and getting there without my EZPass is miserable because of the tolls."

"But, wait! I could borrow my neighbor's EZPass..."

"Bob won't lend me his EZPass until I return the mooshi pillow my son borrowed, though."

"And we haven't returned it because some of the stuffing fell out and we need to get some yak hair to restuff it."

And the next thing you know, you're at the zoo, shaving a yak, all so you can wax your car.

This yak shaving phenomenon tends to hit some people more than others, but what makes it particularly perverse is when groups of people get involved. It's bad enough when one person gets all up in arms yak shaving, but when you try to get a group of people together, you're just as likely to end up giving the yak a manicure.

Which is why solo entrepreneurs and small organizations are so much more likely to get stuff done. They have fewer yaks to shave.

So, what to do?

Don't go to Home Depot for the hose.

The minute you start walking down a path toward a yak shaving party, it's worth making a compromise. Doing it well now is much better than doing it perfectly later.
    Horde, Romilly, Mug'thol, Merciless: 90 female orc warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Traab, if you looked at the comic three hours ago, then the shadowing was in place already. **grins**
    Heh, that would explain it. Though too be honest, im not up on art terms, so what exactly is it that shadowing does for a pic anyways?

When I color the comics, the colors are flat: no darker colored areas for shadow, no brighter colored areas for highlights and reflections. There's no suggestion of depth when the strip is left at the color flats stage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast