Initially I was asked to review something called a "Tritium Glow Bar". But, GearBest, the company promoting the item, sent me the MecArmy BL43 - Bullet LED Flashlight instead. I figure, I've got it sitting here; I might as well review it.

First and foremost, the BL43 is a 130 lumen, bullet-shaped LED flashlight. The light output is adjustable via a twist switch on the tail end of the unit. With a little manual dexterity this switch can be manipulated single-handedly. The BL43's single-charge run time varies between 30 minutes and 6 hours depending on the light output setting you're using. Unfortunately the twist switch is also part of the battery removal process, which can be incredibly frustrating as you're just as likely to completely unscrew it as to turn it on/dim it. The lithium ion battery recharges by way of a micro USB port. But, accessing the micro USB port means taking the flashlight apart. There is an indicator light to relay charge status, and it charges in about an hour.

The BL43 has a titanium alloy body, is stated to have an IPX8 water resistance (safe in over 3 feet of water), and is corrosion, scratch and impact resistant. I did not have access to "over 3 feet of water" to test the veracity of the rating, but it stood up to being completely submerged in my sink for several minutes.

MecArmy's Bullet LED Flashlight is sufficiently bright for it's compact size. But, having to dismantle the flashlight in order to recharge it is a frustrating design choice. Though, given the BL43's size, that may well have been the only way of keep it "waterproof".

- Lightweight
- Waterproof
- Recharges quickly
- Bright for its compact size

- The "twist switch"
- Take it apart to recharge it
- Pricey

An interesting mix of functionality and novelty.

MecArmy's BL43 Bullet LED Flashlight is available via GearBest for $59.90. (at the time of this review)

GU Star Rating
This product was provided for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

#gureviews #LEDflashlight